1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New top end? Cleaned old piston do I need to replace it?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by eric125, Aug 30, 2012.

1. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    I have an 02 wr125 husky and I took the top end apart and cleaned the piston with cleaner and the ring and the exhaust valve as well. I put it back together the way it can out with the ring in the correct place. I also changed the jetting from 400 main jet to 390 and jet pilot from 35-30. I was doing all this work to try and elongate my heavy exhaust splooge. I started it and let it idle. I rev it and I can see black residue coming from the exhaust muffler. If I only took the piston and rings out and cleaned them as my front end was fine before hand would taking it out and cleaning it ruin it at all?
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    why would you go to all that work and not atleast replace the ring???
  3. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Because I checked the gap and everything was good. I just wanted to clean all the oil spooge off the valves and start fresh and try fixing the problem
  4. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Is there a repair shop manual online that I can download an print. Not the owners. But a repair. Thank you
  5. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    I'm new to 2 strokes and was annoyed by spooge from my WR 300. All my KTM buddies use redline oil, each with their own perfect ratio that they say only works for them. I was using Motul 800 at 50:1, jetted to run good and ignored spooge. Thanks to Lankydoug on this forum I wrapped my head around 2-stroke oils and their flash point and its relation to spooge. At least it worked for me. Try another oil with a lower flash point. Jet to run properly, not to control spooge. I had excellent results with AmsOil Interceptor.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Guys, spooge has little to do with jetting and oil mix ratio.

It has more to due with the temp of the silencer during operation.

You will note as you ride faster you get less spooge because the pipe stays hot and the exhaust gases don't condense in the pipe.

Twist it harder and the spooge goes away.
  7. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    But I literally revved the bike hard an it still is spraying oil out of the pipe. An the plug just looks "wet" not black. Just a clear liquid. 33:1 ratio. Torco premix
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    why so concerned about the spooge:confused:

I admit it might be a bit messy sometimes, but hey it is dirt riding or not

as R-Little say revving it up is one way of getting less.

keeping the jetting perfect is one thing that should be done for the sake of the engine and its performance and spooge will be part of it but the limited to a minimum if it is done OK.

other thing is piston and rings do have a influence on it.

yet i do have to say here that it is not only the ring that should be inspected.

I replaced in the past 2 pistons and if you see them you would say why don't you replace only the ring

the ring was gone but the piston looked good until you measured the piston rod (where it spins in the little end bearing)

trying to order only a piston rod and a ring is cost wise only 10% cheaper then a complete piston set.
    so why bother going through all the hassle of ordering it separately?

choice of Oil might have some influence and is basically the best path of going to influence spooge if it is a concern for you.

For me I have some pooge dripping and I have a OK jetted bike with a good top end and my only spooge concern is that it doesn't drip on my back brake rotor

I simply can't be bothered with it

Robert-Jan