1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New Top End recomendations

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2008 WR-250 that's due for a top end. Do you have any Pro/Cons to the aftermarket pistons or should I stick with OE? I haven't even looked at the cost yet. Thanks!
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I would recommend the OEM/vertex piston. "If you want to rock, keep it stock"..
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    +1 for Vertex. I ran a bunch of them in my KX's also. The engines always ran the best with Vertex pistons.
  4. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Wossner has worked fine for me.
    ohmygewd and MOTORHEAD like this.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Really liking the Wossners also.
  6. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guys, what kind of hours are you putting on a Husky top end. My '08 WR250 has about 80 hours on the original OE piston. It looks smooth and clean. My performance is still tight, crisp and the bike rips. In the past, I would run my KTM200's for 100 hours or more and they would still look like brand new when they came apart...
  7. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I have an 08 as well.I did the top end @ 70 hrs right before racing season began.Everything was well within specs but I still replaced with a namura top end kit.This was in bike until I did something stupid @ 180 hrs.I got lazy and didn't check my air filter placement after install.The bottom of it was hung up on lip,this was the first and only time I didn't feel around the filter with my hand.I ran in a very dusty scramble and the bike quit @the beginning of the fifth lap.The entire top end looked like it had been sanded down to bare metal(because it had).I replaced cylinder and installed another namura top end.This has about 57 hrs on it.The first namura had 110 hrs on it and was still making great power.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I normally run a top end about a year, but I can't honestly tell you how many hours that is. I know that even after a year of having it's guts wrung out the pistons still look good. Like they could do another year without a problem. I really think that if you have them jetted right and keep the filter clean, they are pretty bullet proof.
    Gotlabs and steadydirt like this.
  9. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Between 250-300hrs on my original topend. Piston and rings worn, cylinder looked new.
  10. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Crazy!- Love it.
  11. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I think I'll hold off a little longer. I have a 7 mile single track loop behind the house and I only ride about 2-3 hours per month when the conditions are perfect. Thanks for the help.