New trail at Corral Canyon

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Some of you may have read a little trail building blurb that I posted somewhere buried in another thread about the closing of Carnegie. So I thought that I would give it it's own little thread.:)

We (San Diego Adventure Riders) "broke ground" in the ribboned area last weekend and yesterday I went back to ride a little bit of it, even though I prefer more "wussy" trails in my old age. I'd like to thank Ranger Richard Tull for helping us get the area designated for a new trail and for helping train and educate us on the proper ways to cut trails on sensitive enviroment. We are lucky to have a club president who is very active in land use issues to work with land agencies (such as the National Forest Service, in this case) to help preserve and open up new riding opportunities in our area.

Link to some pictures. The trail is not ready for it's public debut yet.
    http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6336&hl=
  2. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I thought that was you...We passed each other on Buckman, just north of Corral Cyn. Road....I was in my g ride heading to SD.

If your interested in trying my 250 out at McCain or something, let me know, so we can meet up and go riding....

Its just starting to sprinkle out here and I am off work in 30 minutes....Time to go riding :D:D:D

Mitch.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Thanks for the offer. Sure, I'd love to try out a 250. I actually have never ridden any Husqvarna, other than my TE450.:p We will probably be out there on Saturday to whack some brush.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    oh man nooow it rains !! have fun
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    We are certainly excited to be involved in such an joint effort with the forest service. It's almost like winning the lottery.:applause: I will be working on the trail on Saturday. More pictures to follow when we get everything finished and get our sign up at the trail head.:D We already have one up on the other trail that we adopted two years ago. We didn't build that one, but we maintain it.

"and here's your sign...":p for the south side of Kernan trail.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Way to go DD. Good on you.

Can't wait for more pics.

:cheers: