New type of lefthand rear brake?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by firecrotch, Jul 15, 2012.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    lankydoug likes this.
  2. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

Once you get the technique of the lhrb down. The foot pedal will go by by !
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    :thumbsup:
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Get a clake from Aussie it is a rear brake and clutch in one. Works on 2 master cylinders, one for clutch and one for brake. Pull in the lever a tad and its the brake (I think) and all the way in and its the clutch.
    Friend of mine has lost his right leg (mongrel is still a better rider-mind you he has represented Aussie in the ISDE's) and the clake is brilliant for him.
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Maybe I'm missing something here but this doesn't make any sense at all
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes but when I ride your bike I am wondering if that learning curve will happen BEFORE I kill myself going off the trail. :D
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He has it backwards i believe. It disengages the clutch then applies the brake. Heard cool things about them.
  8. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

Your are correct. Disengages the clutch first then the brake. I should have mine in about 30 days and can't wait.
  9. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Gotta link?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Holy snikeys thats expensive. Why is all the cool stuff made in Aussy land?
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    they are WAY into bikes and a little crazy :D Just my kind of peeps. Look at how it is built with the cams and stuff, not cheap to build. But yes, silly expensive. Would like to try one some day.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm still can't get the most out of my rear brake I feel other than using it as rudder ... But I don't think this device is the answer and I'm really trying to stop using the rear brake so much... I need more practice :)

This device might be handy on long slow down hills but swapping between levers might be a little awkward ... maybe you can keep use 1 finger on each lever and keep them both covered at all times?
  14. Robert Gulden Husqvarna
    A Class

Just installed a core exp on my bike. I have raced bicycles for years, and feel like I could get used to only hand controls pretty easily. Is there a simple way to run hydro line from the clutch lever to the rear brake? And is realistic to up and downshift without a clutch?
  15. DB AZ Husqvarna
    B Class

Robert G, Rekluse has you covered give them a call and check their site. I put one in a KTM 450 XC and added the brake line to the clutch side for the rear brake. Now my buddy loves right hand turns at the moto track, but the cool thing is he "power brakes" the bike on the starting line and gets killer hole shots. This is a pretty much DIY and you can always change it back as well. DB in AZ, see ya at the races.
  16. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't want to step on Rekluse toes (but I've spent a LOT of money on their products) ... On my new Husky I measured the length of hose needed to go from the clutch to the rear brake and noted the angles needed for the fittings. Had a local radiator shop put one together for $60 ... they used auto rated fittings which are higher rated and a little larger than motorcycle fittings but no one notices.

I haven't had a "real" clutch for 4 years - and being from a mt bike background it was real easy to adjust to (even left rear and right front which is backward from bikes quickly became 2nd nature). I'm at a disadvantage in very few situations and find great advantage entering right turns, in fine control of the rear brake, in free use of my legs on grisly downhills ... the only thing I've missed is with such great brake control it's taken me longer to learn to just pitch-the-6itch and gas it!

I would like to add a clutch for quick engine starts at race starts and a friend has the Clake. It is a VERY nicely built product and he and his son have both adapted quickly - but $$$$ have stopped me from going that direction. I'm looking at cable operated hydraulic brake systems used on racing carts since I have a lever operated cable on the master cylinder used for starting.
  17. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I swapped the hand brakes around on my MTB before doing the dirt bike LHRB..... I don't miss my clutch or foot brake at all. Brrraaapppp!!
  18. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The only thing about these new kits I'm not real happy about is that they aren't available for hand brake only. The older kits were available for hand brake only if you desired. So I ordered just the cylinder and I'm going to have to find someone to make up a line. My usual source for brake lines doesn't go down small enough (8mm) and the bicycle suppliers don't go large enough (10mm). If I can't find someone in town I guess there is always Speigler.
  19. Robert Gulden Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks gentlemen,
  20. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Try Oil Filter Service in inner SE