1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New WR 125 for son

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Guy Lozito, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Guy Lozito Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Suzuki RM 125's
    I just got a great deal on a wr125. Should I wait to convert it to a 144/165 or just do it now. My son will not ride this until next summer or the one after. He's 12. I weigh too much and will just ride my wr300 ;).
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I would wait until you wear out the 125 and then convert it to the 144 and then send in the 125 cylinder to be a 165. That way there is no "down time" and you can enjoy it in all it's variations! Mine is a 144 with the fmf fatty and lectron carb and I love it the way it is. It's a great bike no matter what size it is:thumbsup:!
  3. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I say learn how to ride all the power the 125 has and learn riding skills before adding more cc's,he'll be a better rider.
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

That WR125 should be more then enough for a 12 year old IMHO. And I think he should hone his skills on it first before converting it IMHO. I'm 53 with a lot of years of riding and I ride a WR 150 and I think they are fantastic. Congrats on buying one and I hope he enjoys it.
    sabortooth and huskybear like this.
  5. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    don't ride it! you will never use ur 300 again lol
    jmetteer and huskybear like this.
  6. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    The WR's are magical. I can not believe my good fortune to be an owner of the best small bore woods bike. And I need it, it carries me thru rides beyond my skillset and has given me the confidence to compete for the First time in Oct. I'll try C-50 in very rough rocky terrain. Your Sons' bike will be all he needs for a while with all the upgrades availible.
    Jersey Woods and huskybear like this.
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just rode my 2013 wr 125 last night for first time stock other than leaning pilot and main jet and after riding my 165 with lectron carb and 200sx pipe the stock wr 125 is not bad at all better than my 2008 cr125 was stock for bogging and power is better down low and not far off up top. Handling and suspension is nice and soft for off-road great bike so far.