1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New WR 300 1st time Husky virgin, be gentle.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BanjoHolic, Dec 17, 2010.

1. BanjoHolic Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello and tell you about my new WR 300 ride :D

I've been riding a 2006 RM125 which had been converted to enduro spec/road legal, and going trail riding & green laning for about 18 months now and decided to get something more suited to my ample body :D. I was looking at used 2T & 4T KTM's mostly and came across a brand new 2009 model WR300 on the internet for £4000, last one in the shop, gathering dust and feeling forlorn next to the new 2011 models (list price £5845) and in need of a good home :D
    I did'nt know a lot about Husqvarna's, never having owned one or seen many in the flesh here in the UK and did a bit of searching and stumbled upon this site, I did some reading, picked up the phone and paid my deposit :thumbsup: I even got them to throw in a bash plate. :applause:

I'm pretty stoked with the WR even though I've never even seen the bike in the flesh yet as it's 300 miles away and I'm collecting it on monday, weather permitting, tho I will endeaver to get it here for christmas so I can wheel it into the house and put a big red ribbon on it for christmas morning :ride: Pics to follow :smirk:

Me and a few riding buddies are hoping to enter a few hare and hounds this year, just for a bit of fun before we get too old for it (41:oldman:) so I'm really looking forward to that and especially on my new bike, I'm sure it's got more WHP than my limited ability can safely manage. :notworthy:

I would appreciate any tips you guys could throw my way, I've been reading a lot of posts and if somebody could maybe advise me on the jetting, if possible, I'm on the coast so sea level settings would be ideal for me, current temps -5C / 23F I never bothered rejetting the RM as it ran fine standard and never let me down, tho the tail pipe was always quite oily it never oiled a plug, I've been using Motul 710 2T @ 40:1 would this be fine for the WR after running in ? and I've also been reading about the rear fender flap that sits between the rear tyre and the swing arm and rubs on the swing arm, has anybody got a fix for this or do I need to buy/make some type of guard ? any help or advise is much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I'll post some pics as soon as possible, and as I know everyone like pics in a thread, here's my other bikes to be getting along with.

Suzuki GSF1200K6 Bandit
    Me trying to cool off in the summer on my now sold RM125K6
    1987 Yamaha RD350YPVSFII which I restored last year

I'll let you all know how I get along with the WR once I have it, 1st thoughts and 1st ride and what not, with pics of course.

Bye for now.

Steve

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I really like that rd350 where does its power kick in like your wr 300 with some bottom end or rm 125 with everything on top, looks sharp.
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

More pics of the RD350 please! It is one of the few bikes that I always wanted but never was able to buy.
  4. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I just bought my WR 250 in july of this year it,s also a 09 hold over . I sure do like it I have had and raced all the brands Ktm,s GasGas , etc .... but this husky really fits . I know yours is a 300 but there very much the same ,yours has more power of corse :thumbsup: . I used a small block of plastic and RTV,ed it to the swing arm to just push the mud flap from touching the swing arm. Huskys come quite rich on jetting lower your pilot one or two sizes down , leave your main in for the first ride and then try to drop it one time or two until it cleans up dont push it thoe , buy a kehin pwk air stirker works beter hate to say . One inch black I.D hose cut to length and then split open and a few zip ties ( pick your color ) works great as frame protectors. Enjoy your new ride .:cheers:
  5. BanjoHolic Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi all,

Pedec, I can't comment on the power of the RD against the WR as I've never ridden the WR yet but it's nothing like the RM, it's quite smooth and the power comes in around 6000rpm - 9500rpm tho it's happy to burble along out of the power.

Mike, more pics below :thumbsup: I used to own a RD350YPVSFI when I was 18 and have never forgotten my RD years, we had a lot of fun on them and even went club racing at local tracks, I raced an older RD350LC at the time, some of my bike mates at the time did motox so I had a bash at that too. All good fun :D

Johnny, I'll do the plastic/RTV on the swing arm, I was maybe gonna buy some frame guards when I pick up the bike but I'll cable tie some hose on any exposed bit of frame, :cheers:

One of my riding buddies has just bought a new 2011 exc 125 and it came with spare needles, jets and sprockets and other stuff in the spares kit, do I need to buy these or does the WR come with a similar kit ? If not I'll probably need to buy some spare jetting when I pick it up from the dealer. :thumbsup:

Bye for now

Steve

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Heres some pic,s

Attached Files:

7. BanjoHolic Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks for the pics Johnny :thumbsup: so much easier to understand with a pic :cheers:

Nice bike too Johnny.

Bye for now

Steve
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Congratulations on the awesome 300 Husky ... That bike should last ~25 years or more with minimum replacement parts....

First off, this new bike is not a 125 :) ... (300 \ 125 = 2.4)
    Second, lean forward when accelerating and learn some throttle control :0)

Good luck and riding .. @ 41 U have plenty of juice left :banana:

And U gotta send out the 300 pics!
  9. BanjoHolic Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi all,

A quick update, I'm setting off in the morning at 6am as the weathers been a bit rough over here and I'm expecting a slippery 12 hour drive, worth it tho :thumbsup:

Cheers Ray, I totally know what you mean with the throttle control stuff as I once rode a Honda CR500 and a Maico 320 at different times when I was practicing on an old RM125 when I was around 20 and scared myself silly, I did one lap of the track and handed them straight back, wondering "what just happened" :excuseme: Lets hope over the years I've learned some control.....

Regards

Steve:unitedkingdom:
  10. BanjoHolic Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi all, :D

I had a long 14 hour drive out today to pick up the bike and got a very nice surprise when I got there, I somehow got mixed up, never having seen the bike, and it turns out I'd bought a nice shiny 2010 bike instead of a 2009 bike that I was expecting, they had no 2009 bikes at all :bonk: I don't know how it happened, but I'm very happy about it. :thumbsup:

They had fitted some brush guards on the bike for free, and the bash plate:notworthy: so I'm a very happy chap, I just need to sort out some documentation and we are ready to rock. :D

I got the WR from Freestyle in East Sussex, UK. They seem like they know their stuff and had very kindly set up the jetting for me (without me even having to ask:thumbsup:) and assured me it would be right, these guys were very professional, friendly and helpful and I would recommend them to anyone, I've bought a few new road bikes over the years, all japanese bikes, and I have never been treated so well. As you can probably tell, I'm really stoked with the whole Husqvarna experience upto now and I'm sure it'll only get better once I actually cock a leg over her and fire her up, she's staying indoors untill I get insurance and registration sorted out, I'm just gonna take my time and break out the locktite and grease and get to work where it's nice and warm and do the rear mud flap mod so she'll be tip top when I can get a ride out.

First thoughts: My very first thought was, "That's Massive", I could get both my feet flat on the floor on my RM and I'm on my tippy toes on the WR, I guess the suspension will loosen up, tho I think It'll still be a lot taller, it feels huge.

The bike looks really well put together, I was so pleased with the bike, it was'nt untill they mentioned the Kayaba forks that I realised it was a 2010 model :doh:

Anyhow, enough of my exited ramblings, here's a few pics

Bye for now

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Very nice!
    I have ridden RM's my whole life, and I'm 41 also :cheers:
    I felt at home on the first ride.

Now call up that dealer and tell them they forgot your exhaust/silencer grommet ;) and while your on the phone with them ask what jetting they did and post back :D
  12. petros67 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Steve ,
    Congrats for your new bike , WR 300 really rips :applause:
    I turned the other way ( 4 stroke ) and just got the TE 449.

Also dig your RD 350 :thumbsup:thanks for sharing.

I have two of them , One fully restored 1983 Mod & second one ( project ) been taking me for almost 2 years and now coming to complete.

RZ 350 ypvs , plenty mods 64bhp , jolly moto exhausts
    [IMG]

Riding .......the bike
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVwh7U0UwEk

And here is my project bike , will be a weapon !!! 421cc banshee engine.........

[IMG]

Just took the opertunity to share because you posted your RD 350 FII.

Take care , all the best

Petros
  13. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

BanjoHolic, I tried to bring my 300 inside when I first brought it.
    The wife gave me a polite, "Get F@#$d" A bit dissapointing really
    Petros, that second weapon looks like an absolute monster!:applause::applause:
  14. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

this post has everything... new husqy, and rd.
    got to love those new bike pictures... they look so much better in the house!
    hope some warmer weather comes your way soon so you can get out on it to practice.. its a nightmare here.. we did some hare and hounds events this year after joining the local club.. what great fun.. but boy did we need some bike fitness.. my advice would be to just have fun and you will enjoy it. as the year went on we were able to do more & more consecative laps. if you are near anywhere this series goes too its a good starting point.. www.tbec.co.uk
    we are from colchester essex area..
    best of luck
  15. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Hope u enjoy that sweet new 3hunney!

But I must say, that RD is super sweet. A "Left Nut" would be given for that!

Hope u stay connected to "Husky Cafe" because, what u don't know, is right here!
    :cheers::canada:
  16. BanjoHolic Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi all, :thumbsup:

Cheers :cheers: Flyin, I did'nt even notice that the grommet was missing, they still have some documentation to send to me so I'll get them to send me the grommet when they post it all out to me. I asked about the jetting and they e-mailed these settings, Pilot - 40 Main jet - 410, no mention of needle height, Ill see how she runs while i'm running her in, then do a plug chop and see what the plugs like.:thumbsup:

Petros, those are sweet RZ's you have there, and 64hp is very fit for the RZ but what kind of power does the Banshee kick out ? It looks killer :applause:

Hi Rob, I got my not so polite "Get F@#$d" about 10 years ago, when I got divorced, nothing to do with bikes in the house tho....:)

Cheers Andy :cheers: I'm hoping for some good weather too, the snow had been gone from the coast for almost 2 weeks last year, but when we loaded up the van and went riding in the Yorkshire Dales it looked like this:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

We took 2 guys who had never been green laning before, on DT125's, one guy had just bought his to start green laning with us, It was a baptism of fire for them both as the snow was so deep in places we could'nt even open the gates, what is normally about a 2 1/2 hour ride took us almost 7 hours and was completely dark by the time we'd finished, 1 guy ran out of fuel and 1 was ready to leave the bike stuck in the snow and walk home :lol: we managed to get him through the rough stuff and he sold the DT the very next day after having the bike for only about a week, he assured us it was'nt for him and would've left the bike in the snow if we had'nt helped. We were all totally exhausted by the end, I had a ball, one of my favorite and most memorable rides out.

I'm in Hartlepool so the tbec is a bit out of our way, but hopefully we'll find something a bit more local and maybe suited to our hobby skills, We have registered at http://www.worevents.com/ but it's quite a drive so we'll be looking for something closer too.

Hi Tommy, I'm sure I'll be sticking around a while yet :cheers: Glad you liked my RD :D

Regards

17. petros67 Husqvarna
    AA Class