1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New WR125 owner with some questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by thebleakness, Oct 10, 2011.

1. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello, a friend of mine gave me his '06 WR125 after it was recovered after 5 years of being stolen. Since he no longer lives in this area, he gave it too me. :D

It's a super fun bike but it needs some work, it's still completely stock but surprising in decent condition considering it was stolen.

I have seen other members pictures of their '06s with the red/white plastics on them. What years are they using and are there any modifications that need to be done?

The seat needs to be replaced, I have a hookup on acerbis products so I was going to get an X-seat. They have a listing for 09-11 models, are those seats interchangeable with the 06s?

Thanks for the help.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome to CafeHusky and congrats on the "new" bike!

The frame changed on the 125's in `09 so I'm going to guess that the Acerbis seats will not fit.

Good luck with your new bike!
  3. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Was this Jubal's bike?

Just wondering, not many stolen/recovered 125's that I know of so this one seems to fit.

Later,
  4. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

It is indeed! Small world huh? :busted:

That's too bad about the seat, anybody out there with a pre-09 and 09+ that could see what it would take to make fit?
  5. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    lots of info on this site, just have a brouse.
    i have a similar circumstance, bought a 2007 stolen/rec police auction like new except no engine, pipe or seat.
    bought kx125 pipe (modded to fit), 2010 tc250 seat (modded to fit) and a 2002 cr125 engine (new condition).
    i fitted the seat but had to make up some prongs to hold the seat mid section and shorten the front section, looks cool.
    2007 red/white plastics should fit.
    the exhaust and pipe and engine where ebay purchases and the cheapest option at the time.
  6. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks for the info. Do you mind taking some pictures of your seat modifications? Also, what sort of mods do you need to do to make the KX pipe fit?

EDIT: Just read what mods need to be done to the pipe but what years should I look for?
  7. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    i got a 2004 kx125 pro circuit pipe, you will need to shorten the pipe about 30mm at rear, cut the flange at the exhaust port end and weld on a spigot, the brackets will have to be re-located as well.I did the work myself with a mig welder.motosprtz did his the same way and should be pictures on this site.
    I will take some photos when i get chance, just got back from abroad.
  8. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey, I was wondering if you get the chance, could you take those pictures? The race I did yesterday really took a toll on the stock seat. It really needs a new one now. Thanks!
  9. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    Hay bro I run with a crc pipe n a dep silencer on my 04 I give it heaps n ride it like it's stolen my mates ride 250 2ts n 450 4ts
  10. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    Hay bro I run with a crc pipe n a dep silencer on my 04 I give it heaps n ride it like it's stolen my mates ride 250 2ts n 450 4ts