1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New WR250 Member

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by deanevo, May 23, 2012.

1. deanevo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki VN800
    Hello to you all.

Time to sign up here
    I'm from the Netherlands, and afer 20 years of absence in the dirtbike scene, I got the idea to do some riding again.
    So I bought a 2000 Husky WR250 and had a couple of rides with it now.
    I really like the handling of the bike and I noticed it has some good stability and nice steady front end.
    Even it is almost 12 years old, it feels like lightyears ahead, remembering the twinshock RM's.

Have good day!
  2. deanevo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki VN800
    :confused:
    One day later, and still waiting for moderation before publish..Not sure if I'm on the right Husky forum here.
  3. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    This is the only Husky forum... The 2 strokes have few problems once they're set up right, sometimes it's a graveyard in here :)
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Congrats on the new Husky and on getting back into the dirt!
  5. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Congrats, I bought a 2002 cr250 after being off dirt bikes for 30 years. I've had the bike just over 3 years and still love it. Sure I lust after the new ones but can't really find aa good reason to replace the CR.
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I recently bought a low hour 2010 wr144 and all my riding buddies asked me why I bought a husky. One ride says it all :thumbsup:!!:cheers:.
  7. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I had a 2001 WR and am now on my second one - 2009, love em, bulletproof.
  8. scottcr250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 cr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Nice Bike, I just got back into riding myself last after taking 20years off, and bought a 2000 cr250. I havent had this much fun in a long time.
  9. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    I have an '02. A few more years and ours will vintage...hahahah
  10. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    yeah,the same,after long time away,i brought a 2004 cr125 because it was cheap and ive never been happier,i just stealth brought a 99 wr250 with the pretence of restoring it to sell!but im falling for its animal power and im torn between my perfect 125 or restoring this 250,it wont be much longer i can get away with keeping both,but i dont even look at other makes anymore.....husky 4 ever.
    huskybear likes this.
  11. deanevo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki VN800
    Haha, looking at the reactions, I guess a 2nd hand Husky 2 stroke is THE re-entry bike for old school riders.
    scottcr250 likes this.
  12. scottcr250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 cr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Yep the Huskvarna seems to fit my large dutch build pretty well, and more than enough power to hurt me if im not careful. I went to a local motocross track this summer, and did my first whisky throttle in twenty years or so, and crashed pretty hard, but didnt break anything. I think I need to get a flywheel weight for it for trail riding, but I have leaned out the needle, and it has made it less of an on off switch, but the power is awesome!
  13. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    ive sold the 250,too much for me!nearly dropped it on every corner,the backend just stepped right out with the tiniest throttle,loved it but i was going to hurt myself,now im buying my little lady(125) a new piston kit n a new dress(graphic kit)or if i find one a 144 topend.
    scottcr250 and huskybear like this.
  14. deanevo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki VN800
    I'm raising my eyebrowes..
    Never have a problem with the back end, I wish it did a bit more side stepping.
    maybe it's the Michelin Competition tires.

15. scottcr250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 cr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I haven't ridden a wr250 or wr300. I'm curious what the differences are in total acceleration verses the cr250. I have heard the cr ignition box can add snappyness if thats what your looking for. In michigan where i ride, so far most of the trails i barely need 3rd gear 1/2 the time
  16. deanevo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki VN800
    Don't really know.
    Usablility would depend on the terrain.
    The only comparison I have is with a Honda CR250.
    I can imagine hill climbs and more technical stuff in the woods, it could be a disadvantage for a CR over there.
    I guess the close ratio CR could run with a 300, but would be much more nervous with way less torque.
    Here in Holland you can see quite some Honda CR's or Kawi KX type 2 strokers used at open space sand dunes/whoops and they seriously kick some butt, even the late 80's 2 stroke rockets do it to the recent 4 stroker euro models.
    I think some snappyness on a WR can be achieved too, with drilling the flywheel and V-Force reed valve.