1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New wr250 Owner, couple q's

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BloodyShirt, Apr 7, 2012.

1. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    First of all.. I'm never going back to my yamaha wr250r after riding this thing.. I learned on a 2stroke YZ125 and quickly realized that living in NJ i would need a plated bike which led me to the wr250r.. rode that for about a year or so and now i'm a very happy husqvarna owner. now for my q's..

Bike came with a headlight, tail light/brake light and cluster wired up.. I was kind of curious how the cluster was going to store history but i figured it was the same as my wr250r and had an internal memory of some sort.. not so much and since there's no battery or estart.. everytime i kick it over she's a brand new bike with 0 miles.. or kilo's rather.. Anyone have any suggestions on how to wire a very small battery to retain memory on the thing? I also want a key on it for rode use so i imagine i'll be able to wire them together and cut off the little battery when off. Just wondering what others have done if anything.

The bike screams so I haven't even considered the FMF Gnarly yet.. I figured i'd dent this one up and upgrade with the p3 protection and skid plate.. Is there much of a change of the power band or style of the bike after the FMF?

Thanks ahead of time to any replies.. i've been reading here for awhile and this is my first post so hello everyone.
  2. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Noticed from another thread while waiting for post approval that the cluster keeping time/settings isn't possible which i find strange.. anyone have any new input on the matter?
  3. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    everything requires a moderator's ok before posting here or just for new members?
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Forget the cluster...it won't last long in the NJ woods anyway!

Do get a skid plate before you ride in the rocks!
  5. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Welcome to the party! The instrument cluster does not retain time, nor short km. It will retain the full amount of km you've ridden though. If you remove it, look under and you'll find a spot for a CR2032 battery in it. This will help it retain long term memory but only total km, nothing else. If you're streeting it, I'd suggest a new cluster, trailtech maybe?
  6. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    By road use do you mean riding it to the store? Would using it on the road for other things beside an enduro in NJ be a good idea?
  7. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 300 gets used on the road nearly everyday, commuting to work and hitting the twisties for a couple of hours on the weekends. Loves it.

The FMF pipe fattens up the power down low and in the middle.
  8. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I'm sure its a blast to ride on the road but you don't live in the great state of New Jersey.

I would think that the cops would pull you over every time they saw and heard a Husky 2 stroke rippin down the road.
  9. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    thanks guys.. I was thinking i'd wait on both the p3 skid and pipe guard but i guess i've been overly lucky without having one on my wr250r thus far.. probably should at least start with that.. good call.. i'm interested to see the police reaction to it.. they've never looked twice at my other bikes though which are equally as loud.. just less smokey i suppose.
  10. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I plated my '99 WR360 and rode it on the road all the time. I never got pulled over but I did have a lot of fun. Maybe thats because I was constantly ditching off onto trails! I added a headlight and tail light / brake light. It was really weird riding a 2 smoker on the road!
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man I'm so old I rode a 1977 DT 400 Yamaha to High School. Big 2-stroke but I didn't have to mix.
  12. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

So let them pull "us" over. They are street legal from the factory. This is the MAIN reason I got me another 2 smoke....WR144. Actually, I have never been pulled over for riding my smoker down the road......of course I ride respectfully and follow all rules of the road......in the woods..... now that is a different story. I did get "ambushed" by NJ Fish and Game wardens when on my TE450........they thought they had me....LOL...should have seen their faces when I took off my helmet and asked."do you want to see my paperwork?" They were actually pissed.
  13. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its funny to see how upset law enforcement is with a street legal dirt bike.. i'm thinkings its what their nightmares are made of.. you ride in lebanon justplayin?
  14. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Only when I ride the enduro's over there.
    I'm more south, Bevan, Peaslee, Menantico.....