1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New WR300......Couple questions.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mbertagn, Jan 15, 2012.

1. mbertagn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas 300 Trials, Yamaha V-star 13
    Hi there,

I'm looking at purchasing a 2011 wr 300 this week. Have been doing quite a bit of research and have torn through this forum list. I'm super excited about the bike, but am kind of concerned about jetting issues I have been reading about. I ride between 5000 and 7000 feet elevation in a dry desert climate and am just hoping that I won't struggle too bad with getting the bike setup. Has anyone run one in these conditions? Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance for information and also for the great forum.
  2. 080 Guest

I've had mine now since Oct and see no reason to change the stock carb, works fine. The only thing is starting, always takes about 3 kicks. Dealer said the air jet needs to be bigger but every time they try to change it out, it breaks. Short of that, this bike is solid and suspenders are good as well.
  3. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I nailed my jetting first time around. I'm not a genius either. It's a two kicker when cold, and one when warm. I think a bunch of people just don't follow instructions well. :confused:
  4. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    +1 what giantjoe said. First time lucky as well on the jetting. Kelly at Motosportz says the Mikuni carb works well on the 300's, they have more issues with the Mikuni on the 125's.
  5. mbertagn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the info guys, after looking at one particular thread, I found the service manual for the bike and that cleared up alot of the questions I had. Headed into the city wednesday to pick up the bike. Can't wait.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    +1 for joes reply
  7. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Agreed.
    Super solid bike- very hard to kill- one bike equals several sets of gear and several sets of boots!!
  8. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    got my 2011 wr 300 a few weeks ago , quite a difference from the thumpers ive had over the last 30 years !! the starting is a big issue, among other things ,not knocking the bike but it takes time to figure out the bike and how to tune it to your style of riding,its very nimble and handles very well with a lot of great features and quality parts ! but also has many short comings that you'll have to work through .not so sure i would do it again but a have no plans to dump this bike yet, im gonna ride thru the 2012 season than ill see
  9. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Enjoy your new bike it's a great choice. Get the jetting correct before you start bagging the bike! once you have that sorted you will love it.
  10. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    i have no plans on bagging the bike (yet), ive made several changes after many rides and im getting it right where i need it to be, right out of the bag the bike handles great !!! you will need patience as you need with any new machine, i huge plus was that it was 5799.00 AND THAT WAS WITH THE LIGHT KIT !! the KTM and the Husabeg was 7899.00 no lights. the gas gas 8400.00 ! now they have the e-start and a 6 speed , i have no use for a 6th gear. the e-start would be nice but i can do a lot of kickin for $2500.00. AND i can disassemble most of the bike for servicing and cleaning in 15 mins with a 8mm wrench !!! Besides KTMs have issues as well ( all my buds have em and ive seen many) and orange is fugly !
    Steve-oh likes this.
  11. mbertagn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well. picked up the bike today, and headed home tomorrow to start getting it setup. Also, picked up a rekluse with the bike so I should be set. Thanks for the validation fellas, I'm sure I'll post how everything goes with it. So far so good...........
  12. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I never rode with a Rekluse before. I did last week. It ruled! Be prepared for fun.
  13. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ordered a rekluse the other day too ! think thats the ticket