1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New WR300 this Thursday

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Oct 4, 2009.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I am picking up my new WR this Thursday and I can't wait!

Unfortunately, I live 2-3 hours from the dealer so getting there, while not impossible, is not super easy. So, my question is should I pick up the "factory" jet kit from the dealer when I get my bike?

The dealership I am going through has a great rep. so I guess another question is should I expect that the bike is jetted right when I pick it up?

Basically I can't wait to ride this thing and was looking for an excuse to post and to brag up my purchase.:busted:
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Can't answer your question but congrats on your new bike. Yes please post up your ride report.
  3. hipsterdufus Husqvarna
    A Class

all the magazine reviews ive read about the 300 say it needs jetting pretty bad, i want one of those but it would probably be way to fast for me, lol

congrats
  4. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    Congrats on the new 300. You might as well get the Full Power Kit, but consider that it's pretty much a needle and some pilot and main jets for about $50. At least that's what I got (2 pilot, 3 main and the needle). Hall's supplied me with leaner jets (390, 400, 410 main and 30, 32.5 on pilot). I believe several folks here live in your neck of the woods and can give you the proper more cowbell prescription for the perfect PNW jetting setup. Mine might not work for you as I'm high and dry here in CO. I don't think it's asking too much for a dealer to jet the bike for your location. Mine didn't, but that's all I have to say about that.

Scroll through this forum as there is a 300 jetting thread that's back a few pages, or click here.

Also, I have heard several people here dumped the Mikuni for a PWK 38MM AS carb.
  5. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    thanks for the info. I'll probably just ride it for awhile and make a call from there. I see that JD has a jet kit for this bike so maybe I'll go that route. I used that on my drz and have been happy with that.

I am counting the days till I can pick up my new ride.
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

Zilly you can fell free to brag about you're new steed all you want, I guarantee you're making at least one person jealous.:D
  7. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    I contacted JD about the 09 WR300 and they indicated they didn't have a kit for that Mikuni TMX 38 and didn't plan to. I had mailed them and got a response from someone named "Dee".
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Congrats on the new bike. Don't worry too much about getting the TMX 38 jetted correctly. I was able to get mine dialed in with a few tweaks, 32.5 pilot, needle lowered one clip (leaner) 460 main and 1.5 on the air screw. Never had an issue since with the Mikuni.
  9. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    What's the elevation of Matthews? This is near Charlotte? Interesting that I started with a 30 pilot and went to the 32.5 after boiling over on a long hill climb. I found that it ran better with the 32.5 than the 30. I usually ride well over 7K', but at generally cooler temps and lower humidity than found in your locale.
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    We're at 700 ft. I typically ride in areas from 500 to 1000. Mostly warm and humid conditions.
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK today is Thursday where are the pics.....bring on the picks you lucky son of a gun!
  12. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Zilly -- where are you getting your bike at? Rick at MotoCentre used to sell Husky -- not sure if he still does. Great guy, very knowledgeable.
  13. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ditto that,...mine runs just fine with the TMX too.
    I would like to try that 32.5 pilot for these cooler fall temps though,...any tips on where to source one? There's not one in the OEM parts list. My plug is chocolate, dry, and pretty now,...but if I ride much cooler than it is now with that 30 in there, I'm gonna be close to leansville on the bottom I'm afraid.
  14. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    The bike rips. Too fast for me but I'll try to adjust.:thumbsup:
    Snuck out of work last night for a little ride in the hills and had a blast.
    Definitely a different kind of ride from my DRZ. Feels like 1/2 the weight with twice the power-awesome.

Pretty sure I need to work on the jetting and maybe a sprocket change for the trails I ride. I am getting another pass this am so I'll take my son up for another ride this am.

I'll try to get some pictures posted soon.

I bought the bike from Tasky's in Everett and they were great. I'll probably get a hold of them before I monkey with the carb.
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool glad you are getting in a little seat time on it. So how fast does it feel compaired to other bikes you have ridden(other than the DRZ)?
  16. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I really only have experience on 4 strokes. Recently, Ive ridden my drz, xr650l, and ktm450, a wr250r (yamaha)-the last three are friends bikes and the rides were brief. Of all those the ktm was obviously the most like the wr, that primarily applies to weight and geometry stuff, however the KTM had power to burn.

For me, the biggest difference in the wr vs the other bikes is that the power/speed is just there so amazingly fast. Definitely going to require me to make some adjustments in my riding style-can't wait.

With the cooler temps in WA. this weekend the window for trail riding is closing quickly.