NEWS: Dean Porter has first outing for Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Feb 14, 2009.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.fullnoise.com.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_full&news_id=5143

Dean Porter has first outing for Husqvarna

Posted: Tuesday, 10th February, 2009 : 6:49 AM

West Australian Dean Porter had his first hit out for his new Berry Sweat Husqvarna team last weekend at the opening round of the Shell Advance Sunshine State Series held at Coolum, QLD.

It was Porters first race since he broke his wrist at super X last year and he finished a credible 6th on the day in a very competitive field. Porter will be riding this year in the Australian National Championship for the Redmond Husqvarna Motorsport Racing Team.

“There were some extremely aggressive riders out there which knew the track quiet well, which gave them a bit of an advantage. My new Husqvarna TC450 definitely has the power for me to run at the front," Porter said.

"The next few races will help me prepare for the nationals and staying in Queensland for the next month will give me the opportunity to ride hard pack rather than sand which I am used being from Perth."

The Husqvarna team has worked hard and I am sure as a team we will get the results we are looking for” Porter added.

Husqvarna also tasted success with Jake Wright winning the Junior Lites 15 Years class aboard the new Husqvarna CR144.

“I wasn’t sure how I was going to ride this weekend as coming from flooded Cairns, the weather has not allowed me to ride at all. I’m so stoked with my new Husqvarna 144cc; the mechanics have worked hard to make it suit me.

After winning the first race, I knew my Husqvarna 144cc was more than competitive against the 250 four strokes." Wright said.

Main Photo: Dean Porter

Pro Opens Round 1 Coolum
    1st Dean Ferris Honda 47
    2nd Stephen Smith Honda 38
    3rd Todd Waters Honda 34
    4th Ross Beaton Yamaha 29
    5th Beau Ralston Yamaha 27
    6th Dean Porter Husqvarna 27
    7th Ford Dale Honda 25
    8th Marco Verrecchia Kawasaki 24
    9th Matt Haworth Yamaha 23
    10th Harley Quinlan Yamaha 21