Nice little mid week ride in Norfolk.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by GreatBritishRob, Feb 10, 2010.

1. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

And what a cracking day it was to.
    Met up with me mate Richard in Kings Lynn then we headed off from there.

First lanes had like hail come snow on them. Actually made them a bit slippy even though it was only a sprinkle.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Richard breaking the ice :D
    [IMG]

Some cracking lanes around Norfolk.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Dunno what this is about but it was in the middle of nowhere.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Richard was all excited here because there were some bumps in the ground (He's a Fen lad, he's not used to anything that isnt flat). Some could be confused and actually call it a hill :lol:
    [IMG]

Being proper and all that we decided to do lunch in Huntstanton. They even let us sit in the Caf even though we were plastered in mud :D
    [IMG]

You can nearly see my house from here :D
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Then all went wrong. :shock: Riding up a little lane and my bike gets right squirmy. I put it down to the ice on the road but when i go to avoid a car coming the other way my bike gets all out of shape,
    [IMG]
    The white foam stuff is a 10 quid can of sealant and inflating stuff that Richard had got from a garage a couple of miles on :shock: 10 bloody quid and all it does is prove my inner tube is knackered.
    To top it off it snowed like hell while we were there :lol:
    [IMG]

I hadnt got a clue where we were but eventually we decided it would be best to get to the garage where Richard had just been. I rode my bike there, rather good fun :shock: As luck would have it i found out the village that we got to, where the garage was was just happened to be right across the road from some people i know.
    Cut a long story short Richard had to ride home and i got a lift home in a nice warm Volvo 4x4 (Father in Law came to pick me up :D ) and left my bike there.
    Cracking day whatever, i even avoided having my usual fag breaks up until my innertube decided to pull itself apart. :shock: :D
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Some great pictures there mate.:thumbsup:

Roughly how many miles do you figured you guys put on.

To bad about the flat. I carry irons and some patches just in case. Oh ya and a small bicycle hand pump that fits in my tool pouch.:D

A lot of guys that run knobbies. Run the MASI Maxxcross Radial tire works pretty good even when flat. (Strong sidewalls)
    I'm still in love with the Kenda K270 for the back. You can't run them flat though. And must patch them when you have a leak.
  3. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

Ha, yeah we had all the gear apart from an innertube:D
    We had a repair kit though but it was useless due to the tube being ripped. No damage to tyre or anything so im assuming i hit something hard at speed to do that. Weird because i usually run my tyres a bit harder than most to stop that kind of thing happening.
    [IMG]

Just one of those things and luckily we werent a million miles from home:D
    Cheers:thumbsup:
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you have a brother name Russ?
  5. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

?????????
  6. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That guy looks a lot like this guy (Russ - Home Finance):