Nike moto (Hey they are Husky colors)

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 8, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/supercross/2010/01/07/nike-motocross-boots-revealed

My main comment is that if they are very light that is the best thing as far as moto boots go.
    I have been expecting the boot companies to make x-lite boots for years with all the modern materials available and yet they are mostly still heavy when dry and stupid heavy when wet/muddy. Glad to see a big mainstream sports co. in the moto world, good for the sport. R
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

But unlike dungey.......we don't get a new set every month or new toe caps every big race or...well you get my drift. Those things are gonna look like the cats ass after 1 HS or Enduro. Mud and frame paint will have that inner white side looking like a huge bruise.
    I will stick with what I usee now
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have been waiting for some really lightweight boots to come along. The older I get, the harder is to swing a Motocross boot up over the saddle:oldman:, so if they are light enough and not a ridiculous price, I'd be very interested in them.:thumbsup:
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Lots of people want to hate on the major corporations coming into this 'core' sport, but I am excited. If they're super light then it'll start a trend and eventually filter down to lower price points. At the very least Nike will bring major exposure to the sport on brand recognition alone.

They claim they're not going to manufacture and sell them. Just make one off's for Dungey and Stewart, but Phil Knight and Co. aren't known for bad business decisions and I'm sure they'll want to recoup the R&D costs eventually. Might as well hype the boots up with 2 top tier athletes and tell the public they're not for sale before releasing them :busted:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Already have Nike insiders looking into it for me :D
  7. racermx66 Husqvarna
    A Class

The boots kind of look like the Air Jordan sneakers. I'll stick with my Fox boots.
  8. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I could see Ronald McDonald wearing them, I will stick with my Sidi's.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :lol:
  10. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I can see the advantages, as a former competitive runner, I never ever trained in Nike's, but come race day it was Nike's all the way, light years better fit and finish, and most importantly....lightest on the market. Hopefully the trend continues...
  11. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

If it's a Nike product, they will probably be made in China but have the price of Alpinestars or Sidi's. They may look cool but I doubt they will have the same quality of materials or craftsmenship of an Italian boot.
    Any rider who is getting paid to wear them will say the're great of course.
  12. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    This is the last nike product I owned....

1994 Air Jordans....hell ya. Now they are called 'Retro'

[IMG]
  13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got you beat...these are the last pair I rocked...1989!

[IMG]
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    those 89 models look alot like the core styling of the mx boots
  15. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

As a complete contrast to these boots, my Gaerne SG-12's are frigg'n heavy...stout, but HEAVY!
  16. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm one for a heavy and stout boot like the Gaerne SG-10 or 12, purely from the protection standpoint. At least for offroad riding. If I were an mx'er it may be different. I took a direct hit, "T-bone", to the side of the bike and foot. I was wearing the SG-10's. I dislocated two bones in my foot. I genuinely believe if I was wearing a lighter, less stout boot it may have broken the bones. I attribute the sturdiness of the boots to distributing the impact over a larger area and pushing the bones out, vs. a cheaper boot which would have allowed a sharper impact and possibly broken a bone.

I like some other boots. Sidi's are nice but their plastic is just too light for racing, great for dualsporting in my opinion.

I'd like to see this Nike in person but it probably won't appeal to me. Though I do like their sneaks!
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Wore Sidi only for God knows how long. Then tried a paid of SG-10's. :thumbsup:

Sorry Sidi. :doh:

Pass on Nike stuff. CF brace is a very nice thought though, esp for racing where bike-to-body parts contact is common.
  18. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Hmmm.........FAIL!

I'll keep my Sidi's. Been using the Discovery Rain's but am planning on upgrading to Crossfires soon. More protection for my clumsy ass.