No homologation, USA: Red sticker. Huskies illegal in pro motocross?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by RollinHusky, Jul 18, 2012.

1. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    Reading about the new 2013 models just a few minutes ago and this is what I saw. No homologation, USA: Red sticker. I then do a quick google search and find out that the TC449 was not approved for pro racing either in Supercross or in Motocross (back in 2011). I run a TC449, but as a very amateur rider. Is there a reason Husqvarna isn't pushing to get their MX machines to pass homologation? Is it because of specs or are there just not enough machines in the US showrooms to meet the requirements? I'm still gonna run my Husky no matter, but how many machines can you expect to sell if they aren't legal in the pro classes?

2. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    If memory serves, homologation at the pro level is more about giving the racing authorities $$.
    We had that issue here a few years back regarding Yamaha in Canadian Superbike. They refused the $50,000 fee to run their new R1, so they were banned from the series. Not sure if the same happens in MX, but I'm sure it's more political than we know of.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Its all in the AMA rulebook on the AMA website. You can also read the FIM homologation rules over on the FIM website. Its about numbers, dollars, availability to the public. Basically it sucks and its unreasonable and IMHO needs change to allow for small production companies like TM to be in the mix. Cut and dried rules being applied to say Yam can not apply the same to TM. There needs to be some sort of adjustment.
    The more brands on the gate the better it is for racing. WEC has the record in any motorsports series 4 or 2 wheel for the sheer number of brands involved, I wish MX was the same.
  4. DB AZ Husqvarna
    B Class

No moto for you Husky. Robert's point is correct, "just show me the money" is the answer from the AMA, but MX Sports can and should help change the rules. MX Sports runs the Outdoor Races and you would think they would want some new blood on the starting line and invite ALL Brands of motorcycles to "their party." Like the AMA, MX Sports would help Husky, TM, or Beta race their races if they (Husky) want to be a series sponsor and all that takes is $$$$$$$. Money talks and BS walks. DB in AZ, see ya at the races.
  5. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Makes sense. I'm all for MX Sports then. Kind of hard for dealers to sell bikes when not one pro is riding them! One day maybe.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Rules? Here's some rules stuff pn RV2 racing bike last yr in MX ... Sounds pretty wide open EXCEPT smaller sized bike companies aren't allowed in the starting gates ...

The biggest improvement brought by the new KX-F was its redone chassis. Villopoto switched to the 2012 model at Unadilla, round 9 of 12. Prior to that, Williamson explained, a harshness problem was beating Villopoto up. “The old bike was really rigid for him,” he said. “And about the 20-25 minute mark, it would just wear him out. When we switched to the 2012, it seemed to [soak] up a lot of the small chop and it was more forgiving.”

Even looking at the bike up close, it’s hard to decipher what is a factory race item and what isn’t, but Williamson says more than 50 percent of the bike is stock. “We have to stick to the rules. Basically, we take a lot of stock parts and modify them. We replace the triple-clamps and the [shock] link. All the hardware is titanium, and we use works hubs.”

The factory suspension is something you can’t buy; same goes for the handmade footpegs and brake pedal. Kawasaki Japan supplies the transmission and will build custom parts or even supply drawings, depending on the team’s request. With magnesium, titanium and unobtainium parts, the bike drops roughly 10 pounds from stock, so figure 229 lb.—nowhere close to the minimum weight set in the AMA rulebook.
  7. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

if you remember GP cycles tried to enter a TC 450 for a rider, only to find out that the bikes was not eligable. funny thing is the SMR 450 for ama supermoto was.. go figure
  8. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    In 2009 I tried to race a TC 450 at the High Point national. After I went through tech I thought I was good to go. My first timed lap of practice I got black flagged. The AMA officials took me into the semi and explained the entire bit. I have not tried to enter a Pro-national since!
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have yet to see any Pro Husky Riders in the 450 class in the USA in any form of racing yet along Pro Motorcross
  10. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    That royally sucks! Did you get your money back at least? You figure they would have let you know at sign in, or at tech inspection at least!
  11. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Cory G would like to remind you that he has been doing really well on the 450 in the national hare scrambles, and WORCS.

[IMG]

Later,
    Gotlabs likes this.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Man I love this shot........
    Captnemo and dbaz like this.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

But he is racing in the Pro 2 class Not the Pro class for the overall The original post talked about the Pro class where Husky has yet to have a Pro rider
  14. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Okay, scratch WORCS then... Does the Pro class in the National Hare Scrambles Series count? Or is that somehow not a pro class?

Later,
  15. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You would have figured that they would have caught me when I signed up a few weeks in advance for that race or at leaset when I went through Tech inspection! They carried over my entry fee to the next race but I told them it was useless because the only two bikes I had at the time were Husky's. I tried to get them to refund my licence fee for that entire year but no luck. Hence that was the last year that I held a pro licence... I really showed them... lol
  16. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    btw, whats the difference between the pro 2 class and the other pro class? I have been wondering this when I hear of Cory G's great finishes. Great looking picture!
  17. Husky449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250, 2011 TE449
    How does Husqvarna expect to expand their market share if they do not race pro motocross in USA. I have wondered that about Australia and Europe as well. Why even bother making a 450MX and then not have some sort of factory race/supported team anywhere at all?? How does the AMA expect Husqvarna to sell their mxers' if they can't show case them at national events. Even a top ten finish in pro mx would be a enormous boost for the company in the USA, or anywhere for that matter.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sounds a little strange to go through inspection and then get stopped on the first lap .... Some inspector must have woken up after his daily mid day nap, saw something on the track that did not have the beloved red, blue, yellow, or green paint scheme, and busted his butt to stop what ever that outsider was riding... Lame actually ...

Do you remember how sweet it was to be in a PRO race, in America, and on a 450 Husky MX racer? ... Must be great memories of that time being inspected, rolling onto the track, and completing a complete (?) practice lap ... :) .... bmw should have sent you a letter of apology and begged for your forgiveness :0 )

WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    And, as a second question here ... Does the ama control ALL the PRO racing in the states?
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I knew the AMA is a sanctioned body but I didn't know that the AMA was so "my ball my rules", and it is pay to play all the way to the top. I guess if you're going to maximize your profits you've got to cater to the big boys.