1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc No spark on my 08 WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ray_ray, Dec 22, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I started my bike today, let it idle a few minutes ... Killed it, waited about 10 minutes and now no spark at the plug ... Changed the plug and no help there ...

What's the basic way to troubleshoot an issue such as this?

PS -- I'll be checking the kill switch when I finish this posting ...
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not the kill switch ...

I know I'm getting old ... I just remembered that I have a WR ignition I purchased a couple yrs back ...

Seems like the place to start replacing parts is the coil ...
    After the coil, if no spark, I'll try the black box that attaches to the down tube on the bike ...
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Replaced the black box that attaches to the frame first and that produced a spark but the bike still will not start ...

I can't get it to bump start because I can't the engine to even turn over ..... the clutch is dragging bad... Apparently I need special oil for the clutch plates ..

The CARB overflow tube is leaking gas also ... I'm thinking this is the problem now ... I'll tear into the CARB tonight just for fun as XMAS eve approaches ...
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here is the part I replaced that produced fire at the plug again ...
    This is all still a little baffling to me ...

101_1107.JPG
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is the CDI box.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks ... So will any any CDI fit any of these different models of WR bikes? The bike produces a blue looking spark but will not start ... I'm gonna try it again in a few minutes ....
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not sure what is happening here but now no spark from the bike again ... Can these CDIs box just burn? I do have a coil and I'll try that now ...

The ground connectors were cleaned and no help there ...

Any transporters working out there? I need a FW puller ...
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Xmas miracle happened ... Apparently the coil was the problem ... After replacing the coil AND using the CDI that came with the machine, the bike sparked and has ran correctly around the immediate area here ...

I'm not gonna replace the working coil (I purchased this used coil 2 yrs ago) with the original one that came with the bike to verify the coil was the problem... I did see some rust on the coil ground wire and cleaned it and who knows, maybe something was shorting out and when replacing all these parts I removed a short ...

This stoppage was too unwarranted to be interesting but I did gain some simple knowledge on what the firing system consists of ... I'll probably price the CDI and coil and maybe have some here for spares ...

Merry Christmas!
  9. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The husky CDI and coil are pretty cheap and the same ones have been used for years. You should easily be able to get some spares. I hardly ever hear of a wr 250 with any electrical problems though.