1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc No Sparky WR 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shotgunscott, Nov 30, 2009.

1. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP
    A friend of mine stopped by with his 07' WR 250 because he could not get it started. After doing some basic diognostics we found that it was not getting any spark. I started working backwards through the system and was not able to get any electrical readings from the two blue wires from the stator (sky blue,medium blue wires). The yellow lighting coil was producing sn AC current.

Any known electrical issues with this model/year.
    Also does anyone know where I could find an owners manual or an electrical and mechanical spec sheet.
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

search the TT 4t forum for "manual" and you will find a few places to download a free workshop one. It is the same ignition used by KTM and I have never heard of any typical issues. I do know the stock plug cap is junk but it sounds like you have already worked past it.
  3. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Could it be something has stupid as the kill switch is grounding out?
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh yeah, the stock kill switch is not the best. I've replaced them on both my Huskys. Just unplug for trouble shooting.
  5. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

6. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP
    No Sparky yet. When trouble shooting I did take the kill switch out of the loop.
    Thanks for the link to the 125's electrical issues. Sounds pretty close to what I have going on with this bike, low voltage from the lighting coil, no voltage from the primary ignition.
    I will report back when it is cured.