No speedo or fuel pump priming when ignition is turned on!

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Grant starr, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Grant starr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 te 250, 2001 klx 400, 92 TT350
    I have a 2010 TE 250, I installed JD tuner a few months ago. At the same time I removed coil & cleaned because I had issues with stalling or dying in wet conditions! I tested the bike with a couple of short rides 10 mins or so the bike ran well. I have not been able to ride it for a couple of months due to a bad back. I took it for a short ride the other day to test some camera mounts for go pro, it hadn't been started for nearly three months. As soon as i turned key & pressed ignition switch I heard fuel pump prime started no problem went for short ride 5mins when I got back I stalled the bike trying to find neutral! When I tried to fire it up again all I had was headlight, no speedo or fuel pump prime! Have gone over wiring for jd & coil all seems ok , fuses all ok! Could it be speedo failure?
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Make sure kill button is ON. Stalling and dying in wet conditions can be the gear position sensor, research if your bike has one and if it's down by the gear shift lever, the chain will carry water up and over the countershaft sprocket on top of the GPS. Also, if the 2 wires of the fuel pump are shorted to each other, the pump will not prime and there will be a FAIL message on the speedo.
  3. Grant starr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    The speedo stopped working also so not getting any error message, Kill s witch is on! I will look into gps if I have more probs with the dying in wet conditions! But for now Im just trying to get power back to speedo and fuel pump, will check fuel pump but would that tie in with no power to speedo? Thanks for reply:cheers:
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'd look for a broken wire somewhere, I would first look near the steering stem... you bike is a 20120 and it probably has some miles on it.
  5. jxg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 TE250
    i had the same issue, it was fuel pump relay (right side of bike, under the back side panel. can't remember if i had speedo failure at the same time though (i know for a fact that there is a seperate fuse and relay for the pump though).
  6. Grant starr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Found and resolved! The plug for the ignition found under tank has been getting pretty wet and some of the contacts inside the plug have corroded! I hard wired it so shouldn't have any more issues!
    Coffee likes this.
  7. Laura Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 (2011) 12port/ECU/Rekluse
    I went over my bike last weekend and greased up all the electrical connectors and noticed one was severely corroded, so many small things to worry about eh?