1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st noise on the clutch

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sean, Mar 11, 2010.

1. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

When the bike is running there is a wuring noise coming from the engine, but when i pull the clutch in it goes???? :excuseme:

any ideas? i though it was piston slap but cant be if the noise stops when the clutch is pulled in
  2. simonetti Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510
    kinda normal
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    What bike?
  4. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

2007 wr 250
  5. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

One of my 125's is making a rattling noise at idle that goes away
    when the clutch is pulled, I'm suspecting something on the main
    shaft. Will know better after this weekend, I'm taking it apart to
    see whats up.
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Is this a new bike to you? Or is it a change in a bike you've owned a while. My new '09 WR 300 had a clutch "whirr" from day one. I've had that type of noise in new KTM's I've owned as well and was told it was normal. I never had an issue with any bike that had the noise.

If it's a new noise that has developed that was not there previously, I would question futher and be a bit worried.
  7. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 125 did it when I used one type of oil. Many others have been used and I do not get the noise.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Most clutches make a whirring or clattering sound at idle in neutral. Once the bike has the clutch pulled in or it is in gear the noise goes away. It is usually caused by the straight cut gears interfacing with a low load on them. In other words the gears are meshing very loosely in neutral with no load. The input shaft is always spinning, but in neutral the output shaft doesn't spin, only the free wheeling gears are spinning in the gear box. Once you pull in the clutch, you disengage the input shaft from the part of the clutch basket that is driven by the primary gear, so that shaft slows down and quits spinning and things get quiet. Once you throw the bike in gear, both shafts are meshed together with all the slack taken up, waiting for you to let the clutch out and get underway. Make sense? I've seen the inside of so many gearboxes I can practically see them in my sleep.:doh:
  9. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did your 125 make a wiring noise or a rattle, my 04 is making a rattle when the clutch is out at idle in neutral my others don't do this they are 01's. We got this bike over the winter so I don't know if it always did it or not. I have the same oil in it as my other bikes, its quiet at first and as the trans warms it gets louder. Not obnoxious but you can hear it, was thinking I better take it apart and have a look. Sorry to jump on your thread Sean.
  10. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

no rattle. It sounded like a little vacum cleaner.
  11. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

that's the one, i used a different oil this time time and its made it real loud, i used fully synthetic, don't normally :doh:

ill change the oil this weekend see if that makes a difference