1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Noob Husky Owner

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mineolaman, Oct 25, 2012.

1. mineolaman Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 husqvarna wxc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 Gas Gas 250 ec, 2001 yz250
    Hi all, I just bought a 96 WXC 250. It was a one owner bike and the owner took really good care of it. I have other bikes in the stable but have never owned a husky. I was hoping you guys could give me some background on this bike. Are there things I could/should do as far as improvements? Any problem areas I should look at? Any help you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

silencer mounts breaking off for no good reason.
  3. mineolaman Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 husqvarna wxc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ouch! poor welds?
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Replace/lube the chain rollers often as they tend to seize up fairly quickly especially the chain guide roller but hell of better design than the MX style chain guide sliders which you see commonly today.
    The axle adjuster bolts commonly freeze up so carefully and slowly unscrew them and apply antiseize grease.
    Each side of the swingarm has plug holes, pull them off and swear with a bit of silicone to stop water entering into the swingarm cavity (good time to spray some inox or anti corrosion lube down there.
    Plastics are becoming harder to find as are OEM graphics expecially the white plastics that becomes brittle..up to 98-99 (with tank) should fit.
    Motor and gearbox are very strong and plenty of parts available.
    Might be handy to check the condition of the stator due to the age of the bike - corrosion occurs if the owner doesn't periodically open up the stator cover and cleans the condensation and dust.
    The handlebar rubbers probably need replacing so check them.
    Check the condition of the reeds, reed block and airboot, looking for the rubber perishing.
    Showa forks and shock does well with a revalve and service.
    Lastly, l don't know the carb, but if it's an old dellorto, please ditch and either grab a TMX from the later WR250's or Keihin 36-38 PWK...save's you the headache.
  5. mineolaman Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 husqvarna wxc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome reply! Thank you for your knowledge!