North Carolina Ride Parks????

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by pahusky, Dec 26, 2012.

1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Looking to make a couple of weekend trips south for some winter riding/practice. Have an uncle that will put us up in Stokesdale, about 30 minutes above Greensboro. So we would use that location as the jumping off point for some daily trips to riding areas. I have done 'some' research on-line, but could use some local input as to the best places to spend time (and not waste money).

Parks up to an hour and a half away wouldn't bother me...

I've found these...That look like they are open weekends.
    Center Road Motocross
    East Bend Motorsports
    Brushy Mountain
    Daniels Ridge
    North Caroline Motorsports (Nice, but almost 2 hours)

Do these Still Exist? Web info looked sketchy.
    Thunder Valley and Rolling Hills

Any comment or input would be appreciated.

Looking for a good place to get Andy some seat time on the new '13 TXC250.
    It would be nice to find the parks with moto and some decent trails.

Thanks,
  2. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Brushy is very good, $20/day unless you buy a 3 day pass, then $15. There's an MX track there, but maybe not the best (I'm not really an mx guy, though I watch it on TV ;) ). I'm sure Krieg can fill you in on the MX locales. Enjoy
  3. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did find lots of videos from riders at Brushy and the trails look great.
    Rocky and fast looks just like most of the GNCC tracks he needs practice for...

Also looks to be a great place to test the suspension setting.

We're not mx guys either, but you can't beat a day of motos for building confidence and conditioning...
    Thanks,
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Based on where you're staying, Brushy is definitely your best bet for trails. Lot of GNCC and HS racers train there. I've been there several times and, for the money, it offers the best variety by far. I will caution you however, there are lots of gnarly trails that novice riders get lost on. A fast rider can find himself face to face with a newb on a one-way single track trail real quick. That shouldn't be too much of an issue in the winter. But it can be pretty scary on a crowded day! Cody and his friends have been to Center Road and rave about the track there. I'm pretty sure it's just a track with no trails. We've never been to any of the other places as we're in Charlotte and much closer to the SC parks and prefer them for the shorter haul distances.

If by any chance you would feel like traveling farther south, TNT Motorsports and Carolina Adventure World are too pretty good places in upper SC. TNT is a good mix of mx tracks and some cool trails. CAW is 90% trails with one poorly maintained mx track.
  5. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the feedback and the heads-up on the back trackers.

Brushy looks to be an easy hour and a half and Center Road about an hour.

I'll let you know when we are traveling. If it's a good weekend maybe I'll see ya there...
  6. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    What Krieg said about Brushy is correct; there are really good higher speed trails and there are really gnarly st trails as well. If you would like to find some good riders to hook up with I know a few who are regulars at Brushy during the cold months. Send me a pm and I'll do my best to get you sorted.

Eric
  7. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was in high hopes that would surface. After I kind of settled on a location; start looking for someone besides me he could ride with.

I will send you a pm...

Thanks is advance.