Norton Motorcycles are back.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Dec 9, 2011.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Xcuvator likes this.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Were they not trying to build them in Oregon or something a few years ago? I tried following them for a while, but they didn't seem to be producing any bikes. Glad to see they're back, again.

If I wasn't so into dirt bikes I would love to have one. I'd take one over a Harley any day.
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Very nice looking ...
  4. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. rajobigguy Administrator

Now if only someone would bring back the Vincent I could finally have a modern rendition of a NorVin.
  6. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    They have over a 12 month backlog. Good luck getting one.
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Nice to see they are finally back in business again. The Nortons were a cut above the rest of the Brits. I had a new 850 in 74 and it was withouit a doubt the most fun road bike I've ever owned. Last year I came very close to trading my 08 610 towards a immaculate 73 850 Roadster. Then I finally realized it would be another buike I would polish alot and not ride much.
    The parts supply for the old models is so good that new/old bikes are being sold. Many of the parts are moded and actually better than original. There is quite a following.
  8. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    "The usual formula for classic rebirths, old school styling with modern components." Perhaps but perhaps the formula goes like sell stock stock goes to zero.

I have a pretty good pile of 1975 Norton stuff, I did sell the bike I had registered back to the guy I bought it from 9 years later. This version has a bigger bore than stroke unlike my stuff. They did real good making the right side look like the classic one. One of the best things about the Norton stuff I have is that it says in the manual (workshop I believe) pretty much this is designed to be re built by an owner for a very long time. At lest something kind of close to that. I don't know how the trademark stuff legally goes it is my impression they sold off the rights to make spare parts and they have always had the origional logo though I don't think I have bought any spare parts lately.

A for that rotary, someone actually had a norton rotary at a norton owners of america meet like 20 years ago. It had problems with emission regulations and the AMA didn't compute the displacement the way the advertising departmend did and that kind of messed with their racing hopes.

Price: £13,250
    Price shown includes the 'On the Road' costs and VAT for the UK. So what does that mean if you back out the VAT and "on the road costs"?