NSW (Australia) Recreational Rego

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Drtmonster, May 26, 2011.

1. Drtmonster Husqvarna
    C Class

For those interested in chasing up their local members on the current status of the NSW Recreational Rego petition I suggest you write to your local member. I did and received a response that she would chase it up for me. Nice to have something back that we can hold them to come election time if need be. If everyone did it, they might get the idea that some people who vote also ride bikes.

If you want to find your local members email you can do so here:

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pr...rrentLAMembers?open&vwCurr=CurrLAByElectorate

If you don’t know your electorate you can find that here:

https://roll.elections.nsw.gov.au/NSWLookUp/nswelectorlookup.aspx

If you’d like a template to use this is the email I wrote. I also ride a road bike and am sick and tired of paying tolls when bike riders don’t in other states but you can leave that bit out if you wish:

--------------------------------

Dear MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT

I am a constituent of the ELECTORATE electorate, residing in SUBURB.

I am an avid motorcyclist and as such request to be advised on the status of the InsureMyRide petition to introduce recreational registration for motorcycles into NSW which will bring NSW into line with other states such as Victoria and Tasmania. Will this long awaited change to NSW registration rules allowing more realistically priced registration for public land be introduced? If so when do you expect it to be available?

Also I would like to ask that on my behalf and on behalf of all NSW motorcyclists the NSW Government remove the tolls for motorcyclists. Motorcyclists in other states such as Victoria are not charged a toll for using motorways. Motorcycles have a negligent impact on the road structure and therefore their proportion of depreciation and maintenance is next to nothing. Motorcyclists in NSW are effectively subsidising car and heavy vehicle usage of motorways. Encouraging more people to use motorcycles would decrease traffic congestion and decrease carbon emissions.

Final I would like to ask that on my behalf and on behalf of all NSW motorcyclists and motorists in general the NSW Government change the status of the "Bus Only Lane" on the M2 motorway to either a "Bus Lane" or a T2 or T3 transit lane.

Thank you for you time in reviewing my requests.

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Your Name
    --------------------------
    Good Luck and for all our sakes I hope they listen.
  2. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont know why every state dont have this rego [IMG]
  3. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've done my bit. Thanks for posting.
  4. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Also I would like to ask that on my behalf and on behalf of all NSW motorcyclists the NSW Government remove the tolls for motorcyclists. Motorcyclists in other states such as Victoria are not charged a toll for using motorways.

Ahhhh that's actually wrong. I luckily live in Victoria and can get rec reg if I want it, and I hope other states
    get it, but you better be careful with that letter, if you travel on the new Eastlink, you need a pass/account on a motorcycle.
    http://www.eastlink.com.au/page.aspx?code=TOLLS