Odd place to ride a Husky TE450.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by GreatBritishRob, Dec 4, 2009.

1. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

Nope, no nice golden beaches with the tide out, im talking on the proper sea bed. :D
    Bit of an odd day. The intention was to nip over Peddars way and have a ride up to the north norfolk coast. Didnt happen though. Dom was a bit late and just before we met up numb nuts here goes and gets a bloody migraine :roll: We also werent sure if any was still open.
    Anyway, it was raw cold and we decided to stick sort of localish due to lack of time and light (Huskys have crap headlights made worse by the fact mine seems to light up the tops of trees).
    Eventually we get going after having a coffee at TRM and i decide to show Dom the Wash.
    It's a really odd place. Kind of haunting and a real feel of being remote. I think the fact that this area is used for bombing practice makes the area seem a little bit dangerous/remote/odd/haunting?!?!?!?!
    We got right out there aswell. A few hours on and we'd have been underwater.

[IMG]
    Dom getting off the beaten track so to speak :D he got a little stuck. Luckily my camera was within easy reach so i was a big help :lol:

[IMG]
    The ships in the background are used for target practice. Luckily my Husky wasnt :D
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Wonder which one is the most bullet proof :D

We then headed in land and did some of the green lanes near mine. Flat and rutted and they spook me but Dom was off like a scolded cat. kind of good cause when he shot past me it gave me someone to follow and see where was iffy and where wasnt :D
    We were getting cold. Out here has its own special raw cold with a lazy wind that blows through you instead of round you. We didnt get any more pics but we did get to my local for a couple of pints and summat to eat which is always a good thing :D
    Kind of a shame we didnt get any further afield but it made for a semi interesting and different kind of day.
    This was actually last week but im new to the forum so thought i'd add something:thumbsup:
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Great ride report and pics. Hope you have something like Salt-X to clean your machine with.
  3. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

Cheers mate, hopefully have some better stuff soon (back in my native Wales).
    Cleaning, no special products, just a bit of a perfectionist and cleaning it before it drys out helps (not a lot of dry here in Britain :D ).
    This my 2004 KDX220R and this bike has done rallies, 12 hour enduros, multiple long days out etc etc.
    [IMG]

Personally i find looking after my bikes as much fun as riding them. probably a bit sad but they last:D:thumbsup:
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Nice greenie. I have 03 KDX220, but can't get it plated for the street here in sunny stupid California.:doh: Squeezed a KLX300 in under the wire though for road use.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  5. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    yup, britian is very damp.. best word tyo describe the weather....damp ! lol.. i spent years complaining about the wet weather in scotland and now find myself doing a ran dance just to cure the dust while i ride in oz ! no pleasing some folk eh ? lol.. nice pics rob, i used to love beach riding ! always wanted to do the big beach race in weston !
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey GreatBritish
    Helping your friends with a camera is totally acceptable and it’s a wildly known practiced all around the world :lol:
    Is that a live bombing area?
    Looks very soggy, hope you had fun :D

:thumbsup:
  7. chamber66 Guest

Good to see you found this place :cheers:
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I agree, welcome! :thumbsup:

The tides are a little extreme over there. I've heard they are 18 foot (5-6 meters). Make for some interesting living.
  9. chamber66 Guest

Here in wales we get tides up to 14 meteres and have the second highest tidal fall in the world.
    Does wonders for the surf (shame Ireland is in the way though) :lol:
  10. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Cool thread.:thumbsup:

I've been to the The Reversing Falls , New Brunswick, Canada.

Pretty cool but if you're on vacation you have to time it right to really see anything.

The whole area is really geared to Tourism.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :eek:
  12. chamber66 Guest

13. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class

Where i grew up (Mid Wales) wasnt far from the source of the river Severn. We actually had high tide on that due to them letting water off the lakes further up the valleys. Actually lost a couple of mates when i was a young kid due to them getting swept away by the water rising so so quick. The had catch nets and barriers down the river to catch trees and bodies.
    Weird thing is i actually live below sea level now but im in one of the safest places against flooding in Britain due to all the pumping stations and drainage around here (its all sea bed where our house is, area was drained in the 1600s for farming land).
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Good to see your pics. It looks bleak, cold and miserable must only be 100% better than being in the office. Hope there is no unexploded ordinance there, might customise your beast. Welcome aboard
    (On the west coast of Oz they have tides of over 40 feet. Some talk about tidal electric generation).
  15. birdman Husqvarna
    A Class

Great pics, nice spot to loose an enemy!
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    This is a pretty cool thread! I dig the photos, and the tide info is really interesting. I'd like to see those reverse falls sometime :)

WoodsChick