1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st OEM clutch or after market?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JDJ, Mar 16, 2013.

1. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    prev07 YZ450F , 07 CRF250X , 03XR250
    One of my steel clutch plates (Revloc auto clutch) broke in 3 pieces and so while I have it apart I want to go back to stock clutch. should I go with OEM plates or is there a better option? Any ideas are welcome. Also, I suppose i could just replace the steel plate and go back to the Revloc but I want to go back to stock clutch for a while. Thanks IMG_1109.JPG
  2. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

05 CRF 450 friction plates work great in my 09 WR250. I'd assume the steel plates would work as well. Bring one to a Honda shop and compare.
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Stock. Stock. Stock. If CRF plates are identical then fine, they are amazing quality but must be of identical dimensions. Aftermarket clutchplates and brakepads are a downgrade (OEM Suzuki clutches suck as well). Aftermarket clutch SPRINGS can provide increased clamping pressure but that's all I'll give 'em!
  4. nonamerider Husqvarna
    AA Class

i have raced and tested with professional hus and other mech and your best clutch options are honda friction hus steel.
  5. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    What is the difference between the clutch with the Honda friction vs the Husky friction plates? If it's less clutch drag, I'll order some today. I've tried everything other people have down here with no luck.
  6. nonamerider Husqvarna
    AA Class

eaglefreek i understand. to get less clutch drag you must adj inner clutch.3-5mm play at black arm where your cable conn at motor. honda friction plates will help. oil to use golden spectro or honda gn4.you can use 100cc 200cc valvoline red bottle atf with anti slip additive works good.this tip learned from ex hus mech while testing. i know this will open a can of worms . i passed this info onto motohead and other cafe husky members with good response. you dont want hardley any play at the bar adj either. i do have cheaper way with other oil options . if the innerclutch is not adj properly oil can only do so much.most huskys that i have worked on have 8-15mm of play. remember to loosen clutch at the end of your ride.if you have more ? feel free to respond.motohead has ask me to respond as ihave worked with and tested/raced cagivas /husky for years.more mods to come thanks.