1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Ohlins for an 09 WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Aug 30, 2013.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    A while back I read about someone here at the Cafe who put custom Ohlins on their WR250/300. I've been intending to send my Sachs shock off for a re-valve for about a year but didn't want to stop riding it. The last 2 rides it has kind of turned into a pogo-stick so I'm going to have to ride my YZ125 for a while and bite the bullet send the Sachs shock off. I got to thinking that buying and Ohlins shock might be money better spent but wanted to hear more from someone who an Ohlins on their WR.

I'm pretty happy with the way I've got my forks working and would only do the shock for now.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I sent you a PM But since you asked I will repete it for everyone to see

YES I have Ohlins both front and rear.I feel it is the best money you can spend on your bike.I was sick when I wrote the check for over 3,000 dollars for the set up BUT once I rode it I would have spent more
    Words can not discribe how well they work REALLY Let me give you a quick exsample of how they have improved my racing Like i said I race the National Hare and Hounds and other events.
    Jan was the first race of the year Rode my WR300 with out ohlins came in 8th place
    Feb was round 2 so I said I will try my trusted Walt smith CR165 Came in 7th place
    March was round 3 in Idaho Did not go
    April round 4 now have the Ohlins came in 3rd
    April round 5 with ohlins came in 2nd
    May round 6 with ohlins in the trees of Utha 1st Where I should have been beat I am a desert guy
    May round 7 with ohlins back in Utha came in 2nd
    July round 8 with ohlins at the tuffest one yet in Reno Nv 1st in fact I was the ONLY one to finish
    Aug round 9 with ohlins made a few mistakes not the bike fault came in 4th
    so you tell me was it worth it I am now with a 22 point lead going into the final round

Contact David at Fast Bike Industries In North Carolina check out his sight or call him Cell 828 243 7240 Shop 828 435 0125 David use to work for the Ohlin Factory but now has his own shop just down the street from Ohlins.He can make you a rear shock can also but ohlins incerts in your forks I got the so call last set of complet forks but david said the incerts work great.David use to do Gleen Kearney GNCC bike So for starter he set my bike up close to those settings Well I have never adjusted them and they flat work.I can tell you if you do get a Ohlins set up ALL thoughts of getting a new bike are gone
    a new Husky then with the Ohlins set up is cheaper then a new Bike Plus you still have to spend money to set up the new other brand bike to make it work I can go on all day bottom line try it
    I would go so far as to say David should offer a money back garentee because noone would ever want to take them off
    Now make the call and let me know what you think John

One more thing If you do just the rear you will then want the front as the rear shock will out perform the front and the front will not beable to keep up to the performance of the rear
    454x and lankydoug like this.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    they should have never stopped putting them on...i guess i always took it for granted that my swedes came with ohlin in the back