1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Oil in airbox

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by yakka, Sep 26, 2012.

1. yakka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Since I installed a Keihin in '09 WR300 I notice there's a fair amount of oil pooled in the bottom of the airbox whenever i clean filter. Definitely not filter oil - use water soluble stuff. Looks & smells like 2stroke oil. Don't know how it gets there,but when I brake into a corner then try to accelerate after cruising in top gear a while ,it almost dies & takes a few seconds to clear again.I believe the oil is running down into carbi.
    The jetting is nice & crisp- 172M,JD red needle/middle clip,48PJ, 1-1/2 turns a/s. I set the float lower too without any effect.
    I'm completely puzzled, any ideas?
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Crankcase oil?
  3. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    It's just premix oil. It's normal. All of my 2 strokes do it. I just wipe it out whenever I change the air filter. I doubt it effects how the bike runs.
  4. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    +1 on the premix oil. My 2010 WR300 does the same thing and no running problems at all.
  5. yakka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Thanks for replies. So fuel must blow back in the airbox,evaporate & leave oil? Theres quite a bit of oil in there,enough to run into the carb under braking.Its the only explanation I can think for the massive bogging thats happening sometimes. The jettings spot on,tried diff plugs,lowered the float & run at 40:1.
    Should clarify,oil is pooling in the boot between filter & carb.
  6. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    What do you mean by water soluble stuff, are you not using standard air filter oil ?
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Run your bike for a moment some time without the aircleaner boot attached to the carb. When you rev it up, you'll see a fine spray of premix, almost like a thin cloud come out of the back of the carburetor.