Old VS. New

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by 510 SM SC, Jun 28, 2011.

1. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Big Fun last weekend...

I trucked the little 2011 TE 250 to So Cal to ride with my brother. Saddle Back Mountan duel sport
    ride. 74 350 Bulltaco VS 11 250 TE Husky. On the fire roads he tried to kick my ass, with 3+ inches
    travel and stupid fast. Dang I have always been faster than my bro in the dirt??? Once we started
    to climb in the rough the 250 kicked ass. In the low end the Bulltaco 2 stroke kickked my ass. IMGP0005.JPG IMGP0008.JPG IMGP0012.JPG IMGP0020.JPG all the way...

Big Fun

# 510
    WHITEROCKET5.9 and pvduke like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Nice looking bikes and terrain ! And a 350 Bulltaco ?... That engine does not look so big ... It's pipe does look a weird going up and then coming down and back up again :)

... That short suspension travel really limits a bike ....
  3. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

That Bultaco Alpina(?) looks to be in good shape. Pretty rare sight now days.

Never got the chance to ride the Alpina, but did ride a '73-'74 Bultaco Pursang 360 motocrosser a couple times back in the late '70s. I still remember it having what felt like 4ft wide handlebars, left side kick, very strong vibration and a very strong running engine, that at the time, scared the crap out of me with how fast it could go.........and probably still would today, except it would be due to that lovely '70s suspension and handling
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The Alpina was the ultimate woods bike back in the day. It was to trail bikes what a Gas Gas Pampera is to them today, a cross between an enduro and a trials bike. Gotta love those old Bultacos.[IMG]
  5. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yup, still very good today for my Brother. I think his newest bike is a 78 Maico 250? and He rips on
    old bikes. I hope to get him out doing Vintage Class racing??? He has a Maico 501 in the works... Catalina Island GP if it ever happens again ???

Attached Files: