OMG, Lesson 1, go easy...it's early in the season - My '09 TE 250 WENT OFF A CLIFF - HD VIDEO!!!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Greg Hull, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Greg Hull Husqvarna
    B Class

Well here it is in all it's glory! I went for my first real ride this year out in western Colorado/Utah boarder with a friend, a place called Rabbit Valley/McInnis Canyons. Everything was great, then on the way home I smacked a rock with my skid guard and it sent me off. The problem is there was a 50 foot cliff about 10 feet to the side of that trail. I managed to get off in time, but my bike was not so lucky! Check out the youtube video, I recorded it with my contour hd helmet camera! I think what we can all learn from this is...it's early in the season, take it easy. Maybe next time I will heed my own advise. Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuuWhK559A
    Flying Trash Can likes this.
  2. Greg Hull Husqvarna
    B Class

P1000590.JPG P1000591.JPG
    Here are the photos from the next day recovery effort, it gives a better idea of what happened, still makes me ill to look at these and see how close I came to going over with the bike!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That was posted here a day or so ago, glad you did not take the ride off the cliff. How is your bike. Sorry to hear about that.

K
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, I admit, I beat you to posting your own crash. But thanks for adding in the pictures as well. And I'm glad that you are still here to post up your report.:thumbsup::applause::banana:
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    As long as no (Husky) dogs were harmed in the video.
  6. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

your one lucky guy.. bikes can be replaced.. broken necks and complete paralysis will haunt you to the end..
  7. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

Holy Mackerel! That was close! Glad you're OK.
  8. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    WHOOLY COW!!!

Gone... HUSKY gone!
    Glad you are OK man,,, but

WHOOLY COW!!!
  9. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wholy $&!# That is whacky!
  10. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    That video gives me the chills!
  11. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    You must continue with bike recovery and damage done please. I hope you went out and bought a couple of lotto tickets..cuz you're some lucky Dog.
  12. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    So how did the bike come out of its misadventure, any pictures?
    I do feel for you mate, that is pure rotten luck. Glad you are taking it in your stride and are in good shape.
  13. joker Husqvarna
    C Class

very lucky not to go over yourself, you are getting famous I've seen the video on a few other sites as well. hope the bike came out ok
    joker [IMG]
  14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Glad you weren't hurt or worse! Every time I see those pics I get chills.
  15. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

wow man that was damn close!
  16. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your guardian angel was working overtime that day. Glad you are OK. Sorry about your Husky though. Man that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.
  17. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    HFS! and $80 worth of damage...?! I thought that the yelling was your bike screaming in the Video! Glad your ok though.
  18. Greg Hull Husqvarna
    B Class

Here are some of the recovery pucs from the next day. In the end on a new clutch lever and left side foot peg were needed for it! I had to take a rubber mallet to my acerbis hand guard on the left side as it was a bit bent out of shape from the impact. I've reviewed the video serval dozen times and it looks like it landed on the left side foot peg/landed on it's tires so I don't think it could have gone any better!
    P1000594.JPG

Attached Files:

19. Greg Hull Husqvarna
    B Class

I've been told by lots of people that I should contact Husky USA or maybe the world offices to use the video and photos for some marketing or advertising. Does anyone know a phone number or email of someone with Husky that could help. My searching online hasn't been of any use and would love some help. Thank you in advance, hope you all enjoyed the extra photos.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Try this guy:
    Contact: Corey Eastman / 951-207-2947 / Corey.Eastman@husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com

Here is the team:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/husqvarna-north-america-the-new-era.16481/

I cannot tell if there are new posts in this thread or not that people may not have read. I just came online and apparently some posts needed approving, so if anyone is reading this thread you may want to scan back a bit for new Posts Greg Hull made (his account is fully approved now, sorry).