On giong fuel/electrical problems 2010 TE450...

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Stirlo, May 27, 2013.

1. Stirlo Husqvarna
    A Class

This bike has been giving trouble since day one...
    First problem : decompression cam. Wrong one fitted, fixed under warranty, All good:thumbsup:
    Next... and on going.
    Fuel pump stops intermittently. Some times it runs fine other times it sounds like it is trying to pump sump oil and then it comes good and run fine. I've had sensors changed, loom replaced (a problem known by Husqvarna with this model) and weeks spent in the dealer trying to sort it but it still rears is head from time to time...
    The last time I tried to go for a ride I started the bike with the choke on and let it run for about a minute. I pushed the choke off, gave it a little throttle and it back fired and stopped. i tried to restart it but it only cranks and will not fire. I removed the plug and checked the spark, all good. Put a new plug in any way, also with plenty of spark, and still nothing..
    Its been in at the dealer for a week and still no real cause found and they tell me it now starts and runs. All this with less than 1400k's on the clock:banghead::banghead::banghead:
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Replace the fuel pump with an aftermarket pump, even if you have to get a 38mm (oversized) and lose the white plastic bracket, you need a new pump if that one is seizing up.
    Stirlo likes this.
  3. Stirlo Husqvarna
    A Class

That seems t be a common idea. Makes me wonder why, when it's common knowledge, that Husqvarna didn't issue a re-call on these bikes?? They look like they want to push for a bigger market share but don't seem to want to really try and look after their customers when they are having trouble.:excuseme:

In Australia any way....