1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc ? On Plastics Will 2008 Fit On A 2000 ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Feb 5, 2012.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey guys a friend just left my place to pick up a 2000 CR125. Will plastics from a 2008 fit on this bike? Thanks.
  2. Parfo79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '98/'05 CR125, '00 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many...
    I believe you need to change tank and the seat first and maybe subframe.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Humm I doubt he will want to go through the expense of doing that; we'll see. Thanks for the info Parfo79.
  4. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

from a ergo standpoint the older body work is superior
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks I let him know when he gets back. I'm just waiting for the test ride! He's about to spend $1,100.00 on it and it looks good from the pics.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

I prefer the seat:tank:plastic riding feel of the 2000-2004 WR/CR. Carries the weight lower and feels a bit better than the 06-08 WR/CR. JMO Virtually the same frame but they did make some minor tweaks to the frame geometry in 02 that helped them turn a little bit better. Otherwise it will handle just like your 08. You also know what else he needs to do to it. :)
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Well for $1100 he can't go wrong. Let us know how it runs.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The bike actually runs pretty good and the suspension is a lot better than my 08. It has FBF stickers but he's not sure if they did the suspension or not but does feel good. I'm going to pull the carb and see what in there it's lots of spooge so I may need some suggestions on that. I have already let him know about the WB165 so I take it can be done with a 2000? Other than the origional plastics the clutch seems to need a little attention or replacement. Over all a cool little bike and he's happy with it.