1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Opinions 93 360WXC pls

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jerulator, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Jerulator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi all,
    Anyone have much experience / recommendations of a 93 WXC 360 ? There is one for sale locally here in the bay area and my trigger finger is twitching really bad. I've owned a 92 350 four cycle but never a 2 cycle. It looks really clean and seems like a reasonable price $1300. What say you guys/gals ?
    Thanks
    Jerry
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    For that price if it is nice i would be all over it. I have a 94 WXC250 and it is a great bike. Very durable bikes, 6 speed wide ratio, big tank, great do it all mount.

[IMG]
  3. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

GET IT. this was my 93 360 WXE, I had it for about 3 years, sold to friend who's had it for about 4 years. I did have to put in a new ignition as that was there weak point. This motor rocks and is transferrable to the newer 2 stroke frame as well.

[IMG]
  4. Jerulator Husqvarna
    AA Class

What is the powerband like on one of these 360's ? Are they easy to ride (forgiving), or do you have to be aggressive ? Obviously with a 360, it will have alot of power but I'd like to know what kind of power. I'm looking for a bike on the cheap for a friend of mine who is a beginner. He's ridden my TC450 a couple of times but he is a beginner (not ready for single track or hill climbs). Thanks
  5. Skyldig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR360
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF100, CR250, KX60, ZXR
    Stock you'll find the power in the low end. I think most of the 360 riders uses the gnarly power. It's really an easy bike to ride considered you don't have to worry about torque. However, with a few mods like modifying the intake boot, increasing the exhaust duration (raising port about 1-2mm) and together with a Fatty/desert pipe you'll wake up the top end. There are several riders here who have experienced the wrath of a modified 360. It's epic :)
  6. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its an easy bike to ride if you respect the throttle, especially off idle. Hardest part for a newbie would be kicking it over. Mine have always fired up pretty quick but it does take some getting used to the stumpy, high kicker. Decompression head would make it an easy starting beginner bike.
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    93-94 Wr360 are a great bike but limited in the part swapping from different years. e.g a 95-98/99, you can sawp tanks, guards etc as the mounts were pretty much the same.
    93/94 frames are different compared to 95-98 and 99-2002.
    Engine is the same all the from 92 (i think) to the last model in 2002/3.
    Powerband...not explosive but mild but with the torque that the 360 puts out, l dare you to hold it flat in 6th with stock gear ratio's :).
    There is a knack to kick starting it as it is a big cc 2 stroke...think the starting procedure of a 500cc or 4stroke and you'll get the knack (a decomp head can be purchased).
    Personally, throw the carb in the bin, find a 38mm PWK Air Striker, JD Jet kit and start throwing bricks at 4 stroke riders :). Guys make modifcations but l've never had the need as the power is perfect for my riding (like gnarly hills than wide open).