1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st opinions on ngk iridium spark plugs?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Jul 7, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Hey every-one, any-body notice any gains besides longer spark plug life with using the ngk iridium br9eix plug versus the standard ngk br9eg plug?
  2. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Not sure about 2-strokes but I hear they help the x-lights run a little smoother off of the bottom. Im going to order one for the TXC and find out for myself. The WR is currently for sale so Im not going to buy one for that. Im sure someone on here has tried one in their 165 and will chime in.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I think they run cleaner throughout the rev range and I don't think you can foul one.
  4. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

From what I could tell in a 2010 WR300 there was very little performance difference. The std NGK8ES is cheap and long lived I have done 2K on this one and has never fouled. I think providing your jetting is good I would use std NGK, if your jetting isn't great perhaps you should sort that rather than masking the problem by sticking an iridium plug in.
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have never fouled a plug and my jetting is pretty spot on, I was interested in trying these plugs because I get a deal on them and was interested if there were any gains from using these plugs.
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think the only thing you are gaining is a lighter wallet
    McKay likes this.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I don't think they would help a 2 stroke at all. I do see how they might help a 4 stroke from stalling flame out style. The killer of the 2t plug is fuel, lead and oil fouling and the best cure for that is a fresh plug. I put a fresh plug in my WR about every 8 months to a year and it's usually because they fuel foul over time from sitting and get where they are prone to loading up and not wanting to clean out. No plug made is going to prevent that.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Luckily, I haven't fouled a plug in a two stroke in many many years. I usually change them when I do a top end rebuild.
    lankydoug likes this.
  9. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Same here!:thumbsup:
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I fouled a whole box full of mixed NGK ES and EV plus an iridium one weekend when l had a leaky base gasket...my wallet did an ACL that weekend :cry: :)
  11. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :lol:
  12. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    A buddy had one that I put in when I fouled a regular plug in my 125. I was skeptical that it would do anything, but I actually found it cleaned up everything from low to top, I would buy another.
  13. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

i now use a standard plug in my lads cr125 he said he has nt noticed any power loss ,the mx lads change them at 6hrs over here ,preventitive maintainence so i was told ,how long would you push a plug for?
  14. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If I use the iridium plug, I would change it when I do a top-end, using A standard plug I would change it twice for every top-end job:cheers:
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I became a believer in Iridium plugs in 2005 when I put one in my stepson's CR (Honda) 125 that was fouling plugs on a regular basis despite his jetting being pretty much spot-on. Put an Iridium plug in it and it never fouled again. I now immediately swap out the OEM plugs with Iridium in every bike I buy. The only really noticeable performance gain was on my 2009 WR 300.
  16. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Well my bike seems to run great even though the same irridium plug has been in there for two and a half top ends in my WR250..
    Maybe I'll change it and see if I'm missing something.....
    Dirtdame likes this.
  17. Kyspeedfactory Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    your average guy will absolutely never notice the difference in either plug....I personally run a EG plug but I work at a shop and get them at cost...if not I would run a ES and change every so often....difference in price to change in performance is crazy....$2 or $6 or $13.... I get a $6 for $3.50 so I will take that....you could change an ES every other month... I think a "fresh" "clean" plug and good jetting is more important than ES, EG, EIX....save your money and but some jets with the leftover
    ohmygewd likes this.