1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc opinions on rear maxxis maxxcross IT for wr144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Jun 25, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Hello every-one, I'm wondering if any-body has experience with this tire in the 100/100-18 sizing. I ride a mixture of everything and am partial to the michelin s-12 but I have a chance to get a maxxis fairly cheap.Thanks in advance!:cheers:.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If you like the S12 you will probably hate the Maxxis IT. Been a while since i ran them but would not choose that tire unless I was riding hard pack and rocks 95% of the time. Wear a long time but horrible traction IMHO.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Try the Pirelli MX Extra 100/100x18 .
  4. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I use that tire where we ride. One tough tire, great for rocks, crap in mud. I only use it on my 450 or 360. Its a HEAVY tire. Not sure a 125 would like it. I think it was 5 lbs heavier than the stock tire I replaced it with initially.
  5. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    stick with the s12 xc.great upfront run a gritty on the rear.
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the input every-one, I think I will stick with the s-12 on the rear. I usually run m-12 front,s-12 rear on all my bikes and it works for me!
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's so heavy some guys run it with a tubliss and zero air pressure!
  8. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    Lasts forever, but won't self clean mud for anything... Hardest tire in the world to spoon on too. Feels like 30 ply.
  9. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Try A Motoz !
  10. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I like the looks of them and I have heard good things about them especially on this forum. I would have to order them as no-one stocks them in my area. The s-12 is readily available and I know they work well.I was asking about the maxxis IT only because I could get one at half price.:cheers:.
  11. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    I've been a M12 front / S12 rear guy forever now. Which Motoz would most closely match up with those? I'd try any tire once...
    huskybear and water racer like this.
  12. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    I love the motoz tires, awesome hookup in a variety of conditions/terrain. I race hare scrambles/cross country in BC, and ride 2x a week usually, and put a set on in March, still really good tread on them, they wear nicely and am amazed at the traction. I did a race last weekend in Bellingham, WA, (track,trail and endurocross), really muddy/greasy clay and a lot of bikes were stuck, and the race had a high DNF (did not finish) rate, but I swear the tires helped me. Good on the track, in sand, hill climbs, technical rocky/rooty trails. Can't beat the price, up here around $150 for a set of them. The ones I have were recommended on this forum by Kelly @ Motosportz, I think they are the terrapactor/tractionator ones.
  13. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Who or where did you buy them from? I am in the lower mainland area of B.C. and no-one stocks them. I could order them but I would like to see them first to decide which ones I want.:cheers:
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Strange, I have heard that this IT is a heavy tire from a couple of people, but haven't noticed to be heavier than other tires I have run on my 220. It also didn't seem to be harder to mount than other tires. I have noticed that it is a good tire on hard pack and rocks, and not so hot in the wet.
  15. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have just ordered a set of motoz tractionator x-circuit tires! My local dealer said they used to stock them and no-body bought any so they ended up practically giving them away:eek:! I ordered them in the 100/100-18 and 80/100-21 sizes for my wr144 and the cost for both was around $170.00,pretty reasonable compared to a set of michelins. After I mount them I will give a report on how they work for me.:cheers:!
  16. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    Cool, yeah report back on how you find them :) The ones I have are the terrapactor s/t ones... not sure the difference. And they are a lot cheaper, I paid about $150 for both. Rivercity Cycle up here in Kamloops has them, and I think I heard International at the coast had them as well.
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    From what I have read, the terrapactors are more of a light-weight motocross tire and the tractionators are a heavier enduro type tire.Might be the reason for the price difference? I do know that many are happy using both of these tires. I might be riding up at greenstone this weekend,you are so lucky to have that area in your back yard!:cheers:.
  18. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    Greenstone is nice! Good variety with easier and gnarly trails, I ride there and at Inks Lake a lot... we have had a ton of rain up here lately, so trails are a bit greasy, but fun! enjoy the ride if you do go, and will be interesting to hear how the tractionator tires are :)
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I wish I had the tractionators mounted up for this week-end but I had to order them and I probably won't see them for a while:(. It has been raining a lot here in the lower mainland too but it is improving now and I heard it will be in the 30's in kamloops this week-end. I guess dust will be on the menu!:D
    BCdirtbikegal likes this.