OSSA DI Enduro?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by wallybean, Oct 5, 2010.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I just read in ADB that OSSA will be introducing an all new 2T enduro on November 2 at the EIMCA show. The rumor is that it will be Direct Injected not just FI. :cheers:
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    sweet!!!
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been saying all along that I will buy the first DI 2-stroke enduro that comes to market. I didn't think it would be an Ossa!
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

OSSA made some pretty decent bikes in the early 70's. I actually spent some time on one and liked it. But at that time if it had two wheels I liked it even the dreaded DT250 yamaha's, of course I spent 90% of my time on Husky's. I was kind of hoping a new Bultaco Pursang would come with DI.

I too am amazed that Ossa will be the first. I was pretty much expecting the KTM/Huseberg to crack the seal. The news I got from our local source is that the current attempt at a hostile takeover of KTM by an asian scooter giant is causing most of their spendy plans to be put on hold. :banghead:
    supervision likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    interesting. They have been doing some interesting stuff, maybe got an influx of money? EFI 2 stroke trials bike...

[IMG]
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The little blurb in ADB states that Ossa is completely embracing the reverse, angled cylinder design for mass centralization and compactness of design. The bike that Kelly shows is supposed to be the lightest trials bike on the marked. This design makes FI at the very least a necessity. It is also a batteryless design.
  7. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

ossa were introducing their trial bike one year ago. latest news report that by 31st of july, finally 150 of these bikes are available...

r
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Great picture of the new Ossa Trials engine Kelly.:thumbsup:
    I was looking for that one in one of my Trials mag. Ossa's (Orpheo Sincronic Sociedad An nima) been around since 1920 and made their first little 125 back in 1951.:oldman: They even had Mick Andrews riding motocross, enduros and trials for them in 1967.
    The new engine that Kelly posted was designed by Joseph Serra. He also designed the GG Trails Pro Bikes. One talented individual I must say.:notworthy:

Just thought I'd share that with ya.
    :cheers:
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Rasputin,

They are certainly small and taking their time producing. If they can just produce a few of the enduro's and get them to the scribes it will hopefully force some innovation or production of their innovation from the rest.
  10. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I had a Ossa Pioneer back in the day and loved it. Smooth, bountiful torque, never broke. I'm glad they are coming back.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    http://www.motosonline.net/prueba.asp?Id=746
    more on the trials machine, F.I. not D.I. You guys are right from rumors that a number of EU companies are working on D.I. into cumbustion chamber for 2 strokes (100% gasoline), with some sort of piston skirt, big and small end bearing lube system, oil spray?, sealed oiling system?
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    they are doing real artisan work in EU right now. EU Craftsmanship is still alive for sure. See the OSSA factory visit photos.
    http://www.ossacanada.ca/
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Most of these designs like the Orbital use a 4 stroke like bottom end in an oil bath. Not sure how the crank case loading and transfers work.
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  15. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I still have an Ossa ISDE 250 nearly restored. only has 2000Klm's on her. By the way the new Ossa motor is also going into an enduro offering by Ossa for 2012-could be the force majuer that kicks the others into DI. If the blurb is to believed then many of us will revert back to the 2 bangers. Supposed to have a much wider power band, twice the fuel range and no more pollution the a thumper. if that is true and given their lightness and ease of maintenance then they are certainly viable.
  16. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

orbital uses traditional two-stroke crankcase scavenging.

r
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Reports are they make less power and are a lot more complicated / Costly. We will see.
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    That's interesting. Ski Doo is claiming Higher power output, higher mpg, and less emissions from their new DI engines.
  19. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    That's what I thought too. :excuseme: Anyway it's just around the corner for DI. And if someone can make it small enough and reliable to fit between two wheels, it will change things as we know it.:thumbsup:

Can't wait.:cheers:
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK..Ossa trivia time...what is that that their logo is and why?