Our Utah trip...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by DougW, Sep 16, 2012.

1. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

So the wife and I did our Utah trip once again. We went back to Bryce Canyon just outside the national park. We spent a week there and had a great time with great weather. It rained on our 3rd day so the dust was at a minimum after that. We stayed at Kings campground. Running water and a dump station, plus clean restrooms if needed. Whats nice about Utah is they have a multiply well marked trail systems setup that seem endless. Since I was leading the wife around, it was I that was the bait for all of the deer we saw. They would jump right out in front of me and the wife would get a good laugh as I tried to dodge them.

[IMG]
    Camp - Lots of trees and clean! Not a great view of camp. Lots of quiet and stars to be had.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Day 2 - This is what most of the views look like close to camp. You can ride right out of camp and find plenty of riding close by.

[IMG]
    The TE310 ran perfect at this elevation. It concord all it could find.

[IMG]
    Found some water to cross in one of the creeks.

[IMG]
    You can ride from mountains to valleys and lots of stuff in between. All of the places we rode were 2 track ATV riding trails. Not a lot of single track. Some places are 50" or less so bigger side by sides won't fit. On the excellent maps you can get the trails and ATV only routes are marked.

[IMG]
    The view towards the campground. For your fisherman the lake is accessible to small boats.

[IMG]
    This is another lake close by, Pine Lake. You can fish here as well. There is also another campground here as well.

[IMG]
    On day 5 we made a trek over to "strawberry Point". While you can't see them very well, there are a 100's of cabins all through this view.

[IMG]
    This is "mammoth Caves". In this hole there are caves that run underground to other openings.

[IMG]
    Some of the trails leading into "Castro Canyon"

[IMG]
    The wife having some fun in the water.

[IMG]
    The walls of Castro Canyon

[IMG]
    More of Castro canyon

[IMG]
    In the 2 trips we have made these are all the gps tracks and way points I have collected along the way. We have close to 800-1000 miles here and have barley touched all of the routes that they have marked.
    ray_ray, Dirtdame and wallybean like this.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hey, nice shots. Great that your Bride shares your interest in bikes, well done in that department Mate.

Thank you for sharing
  3. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is some awesome country there. I camped at Navajo Lake near Duck creek about 6 years ago and I cant wait to make it back that way.

Thanks for the pics and the memories.
  4. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    I really need to live in America.