Over the river and through the woods...(trip on SM610)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jckid, Jul 6, 2010.

1. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very cool. Had you ridden a few more miles north I would have shown you some cool stuff around here.
  3. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good stuff Jc
    Tell us about the 610sm saddle impression after 1200 miles in five days

:thumbsup:
  4. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    I have a Renazco, and this was the perfect opportunity to see how comfortable it really is. I'd ridden with it on a shorter trip to Death Valley, and it was comfortable, but I wasn't sure what to expect after five days in the saddle. I debated about taking my sheepkin, but in the end I left it at home. The Renazco was very comfortable. I really never even thought about my butt the whole trip. :D
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I have a couple of questions, What is Umpqua ice cream, and how does the 610 stack up with the 650 as an all around bike? Love to hear about it. I also loved your report, what lovely riding country and a neat family gathering to boot.
    Ciao
  6. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Umpqua ice cream is the local ice cream made at Umpqua Dairy in Roseburg, OR. We enjoy the Mountain Blackberry Revel flavor, because blackberry ice cream is not something you can find in SoCal to often. The K&R drive-in that we stopped at serves about every flavor. It's a real hole in the wall, but it's been in business ever since I can remmber.

As far as the BMW vs. the Husky--We actually like to ride each other's bikes. It's really hard for me to say which one I like better. I would have been happy with a BMW, but I do love my Husky. I'll do my best to compare the two.

Power--The Husky is more exciting when you crack open the throttle, but once you're to highway speed, the BMW runs smoother at a lower RPM. Suspension--The BMW is much softer--kind of nice on the highway, but probably too soft off-road. Vibration--The Husky has a little vibration in the handlebars, footpegs, and mirrors. The BMW has zero vibration--smoothest bike I've ever ridden. Handling--The Husky seems to track better and feels more stable and predictable, both at high and low speeds. I'm not sure if it's the wider SM tires on the Husky or what. The BMW seems to wander just a bit. Off-road--We've only ridden the bikes on smooth dirt roads at slower speeds, but I would definitely choose the Husky over the BMW. The Distanzia tires I have on the Husky feel better than the Tourances on the BMW, and the Husky just tracks better and feels more controllable. For some reason the front end on the BMW just doesn't feel as planted. Also, the Husky is better geared for off-road. But on the highway, the BMW has the advantage, running super smooth at a low rpm.

They're really both great bikes, and I'd really recommend both to anyone. If I had to choose one over the other, it would be a close call.
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Thankyou for the ice cream and bike reports, both very much appreciated.
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Excellent report, jckid! :thumbsup: Looks like a great time was had by all.

You know, you can cut and paste that whole report here instead of just posting a link if you want :D

WoodsChick
  9. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

So many great ride reports. All very enjoyable.