1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Oversize tank options for WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Oct 1, 2009.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    IMS hasn't updates their Husky options in a while, so the last thing they show is a 3.4gal and 3.9gal for the 2006 WR250. Will this fit the current WR's?

I know Husky changed body styles and added a post for the gas tank to the current frame, but I dont know when. Any help is appreciated!
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe the Husky four strokes '04-'07 share the same tank as the WR 250 and WR 300. Someone on here will confirm.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, Adam who will be riding with us Saturday has a 07 WR250 with the IMS tank on it, you can check it out but I am 98% sure it will fit right up. unfortunately if makes his bike feel like a XR650. why they do not make them narrow and low I have no idea. My 94 WXC250 holds 3.4 and is very narrow and carries the fuel WAY lower.

[IMG]

the 94, skinny and look how low it is, the fuel line has to run up to the carb. A large potion of the gas is to the side of the cylinder where the IMS tank is all way up high and wide.

[IMG]
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a friend with an 09 WR300 and he swears that his IMS tank from his 06 WR250 does not fit the 09. I have not confirmed this with my own 2 eyes though.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Maybe we can do a quick swap on Saturday and see for sure.
  6. Petzi Husqvarna
    C Class

I´m also interested in a slightly larger Tank! ...not that XR-like TankShip!:thumbsdown:
    Looking forward for answers. :thumbsup:
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks for the input.

That IMS does look a little porky on the 07'.
  8. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll be rather disappointed if they don't. I bought one after being told on this site that they definitely fit.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4161

The tank hasn't turned up yet but as soon as it does I'll let everyone know whether or not it fits.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We did not get a chance to try the swap. Adam (07 WR with the IMS) and PC are going to get together soon and try swapping pipes and tanks and see what fits.

K
  10. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    09 and 10 WR's have the new frame, so what's the real verdict?????? I'm surprised no one else picked up on that yet in this discussion.
  11. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here you go. # 445 rides a 09 300 with a large tank.

[IMG]
  12. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi All,

I got the IMS tank (Part No: 112415 WR/TE/TC 3.4 Gallon) and it does fit on the '09 WR300. Just make sure that you empty out the swear jar before you start as it was a bit of a wrestle to get it fitted. I've attached a couple of photos below.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I've been for one ride with it fitted and it feels pretty good. I didn't really notice any difference to the stock tank. I definitely prefer the translucent plastic over the stock black colour as you can see the fuel level.
  13. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Did you have to cut off and relocate mounting posts?,...Or by that did you just mean that you had to force it to get things to align?....(shrouds and such)........
  14. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, I didn't have to cut anything to make it fit. The radiator shrouds took a bit of forcing to make it all line up and the tank sat a bit to one side and fouled on the forks at full lock. Once I filled it with fuel it settled down into place properly.
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It appears that the 3.4 gal is a bit slimmer than the 3.9 gal. All I can say is riding with the 3.9 gal was like riding a propane tank. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Walt
  16. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah that 3.4 gal. does look like a reasonable compromise. Looks like you may still be able to change the spark plug from the right side,.....?
    Adam's even looks like you could get at it from the left side.

Are those two the exact same tank,...or is Adam's the 3.9 gal. model?
    The bottom edge of the left lobes of the two just looks somehow slightly different to me. Adam's seems slightly more,....swollen.
  17. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can easily get to the spark plug from either side with the 3.4 gallon tank. Here are a couple more photos from a better angle.

Left side...
    [IMG]

Right side...
    [IMG]
  18. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks for posting.

Now where'd you get those shroud graphics from?
  19. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    I'd like to know where you got the frame guards :excuseme:
  20. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    DITTO:thumbsup: