1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Oversized tank?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sned2502st, Feb 13, 2013.

1. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    2011 WR250, what are my choices for a oversize tank? Not having much luck finding one. Clarke or IMS? This is the only drawback to this bike I have found is aftermarket part availablilty. Thanks Jeff.
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i had an IMS on my 300. found that it really shortened the life span of the tank bolt. it would bend the 1st ride and 2nd ride it was all over and i had to drill it out of the mount hole. the one i had for my 125 (also IMS) never gave me this problem.
  3. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    i have a ims on my 300 with prob half a dozen decent rides and have not had a issue with the bolt......strange
  4. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Thanks, being a toolmaker I could easily make a stronger bolt. I will call Halls and ask them what they use.
  5. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

See my graphic related post, thats an IMS tank ive had on for 40hours. the only problem i had was someone overightened the tank bolt and it snapped off so i replaced it with a aircleaner bolt from a CRF450x. just had to grind down the buttfly nut.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    IMS get one. an there's plenty o' aftermarket and OEM stuff for this platform. i also had a bent tank bolt after i r/r'd the tank once wasnt bent from the factory so it was something i did. really odd. gona upgrade that bolt for sure. not sure how it'd bend there's no wiggle room. mighta been a soft batch or....??
  7. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    Thats funny because I've had an IMS tank on my wr250 for acouple of years with no bolt issues. Then last weekend I removed the tank to install my BRAND NEW lectron carb. LOL. Guess what? My tank bolt was bent, not sure why, may be one of the half dozen or so crashes since last time I had it off. Who knows. Oh well just straightened it in the vise. Did I mention my my new lectron?