1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc P3 plastic frame guards for WR 250/300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Brian Scott, May 24, 2012.

1. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Thanks. Just odered a set. :thumbsup:
  3. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I tried to order a set of those 8 months ago. It's kind of like anything that guy sells. Maybe if you wait long enough, they might ship. But... probably not. My bike has zero paint left on the frame in those areas anyways. It took 4 months to get my pipe guard. The pipe was already so beat up it wouldn't fit.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    By chance did you contact them to see if they have them in stock? I would love to get some but from what I've been hearing lately....
    If yours do show up I hope you let us know.:notworthy:
  5. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    I did contact him directly this morning. He said he has some instock and that he'd ship them out to me by mid next week. So I have dibs, then Motorhead, then ??? :p Hope you're able to nab some. I was so happy to find them I didn't even mind paying the $60 bucks. Now, know one will ever know how abused the frame really is under those guards. :lol:
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Well, even if it takes a few weeks to get them I'll be glad to have them when they do show.

I was thinking about ordering some out of Italy, so this is much better.
  7. Diedrick Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Where did u find them in italy?
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    There is a thread somewhere here in the 2 stroke section about the ones that are made in Italy. You can search and I'll see if I can find it again.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I got my gaurds in the mail this morning and installed them. Overall the fit was good, but I did make a few adjustments.

I cut away the part that went behind the rear brake pedal, because it wouldn't move once everything was tightened down. So, it was either cut it away, or put about a 6mm spacer on the brake pivot bolt. I just took an awl and scribed along the top of the pedals arch until I had a nice groove cut into the plastic, then removed it and trimed away the lower part.

I also added a crush washer ( like the ones they used on the older bikes plastic panels to keep from crushing through the plastic ) to the lower master cylinder bolt that's used to mount that side. That away I could tighten it down solid.

I will probably make some crush washers from the sub frame bolts also. I'm not crazy about tightening bolts down against soft plastic.
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You got them, congradulations! After your order he said he had somemore , so I ordered too. I have been looking for some for awhile.
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Maybe you'll get yours in a few days then.
  13. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    I recieved mine last Friday; about one week after I order them. Fit was good on the left guard. The right guard pressed against the brake pedal enough to now allow the pedal to return to the fully raised position. So using a coarse file I ground a long chamfer along the portion that was rubbing on the pedal, then I heated that section w/my propane torch and bent it slightly away. All in all about a 10-20 minute job. Now it fits perfectly and does not impede the lever movement. They worked like a champ during my harescramble the next day!
  14. Diedrick Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
  15. kchotrod Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto Guzzi LeMans DRZ400SM
    I still haven't received mine and wondered if anyone else is still waiting? Any attempts to reach Pirie have resulted in zilch. At this point I would caution ordering anything from the company just to be safe.
  16. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
  17. misterkridered Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 Honda XR600R
    I ordered a pipe guard and disk guard on January 8 for my 07 WR250. After much pestering they finally shipped after 4 months on the last week of April. Sometimes it would be a week between sending and receiving an e-mail reply. I was told many times it would be going out that week. The pipe guard fit great and is nice quality. The disk guard did not fit. It only works on 08 - 12. I guess the fork changed after 07 and Eric never checked. He said he would take it back and give me a refund but I sold it to a buddy with a KTM 200 which it fit perfectly.
  18. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Still waiting........
  19. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got a sety of Waveracing with some minor mods they fit great and obviously the carbon fibre looks fantastic. I was concerned how long the finish would last but after 12 months of throwing the bike down rocks/riverbeds and over tree stumps they still look the same. I think they were a bit more money, around $120 per set but they do last and are well worth it,
    PowerKord likes this.
  20. grnman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC 250 2 - Stroke
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati S4R, Honda CBR600, KTM 105,CR
    just ordered these now as my bike has only done 150km. should keep the frame fresh for resale value.