PA riding

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by MATTMC40, Apr 9, 2010.

1. MATTMC40 Husqvarna
    C Class

Any good trail riding in the southern PA area? Might be moving and need to find some trails to ride!!! Thanks!!!
  2. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am in Carlisle (west of Harrisburg).
    What kind of riding you looking to do?
  3. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Where in pa are you heading.
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check the map on how far you are away from Berkeley Springs, WV. My dealer, Ridersville Cycle has a few spots that we ride just about every weekend. It is either nice single track or the side of a mountain and rocky. You can check out some of my videos on youtube of the place. Here is one of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt9vLhvnyrk

Hey Boom, we still need to hook up and ride sometime. I think I have the TXC ready for your trails now too.
  5. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice video.
    That TXC sure sounds sweet.
    Looks like Harold has some fun stuff to play on, a few of the slopes I was seeing looks to be interesting.
    A small group of us was at the Cove last weekend giving our aluminum skid plate deposits to the rock gods.
    Throw me a PM with some open dates and we can organize a ride somewhere.:thumbsup:
  6. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is a good H.S. this weekend put on by Mdcompriders.org that is in Romney WV. It usually is a 10-12 mile loop. If you want to take my bike for a lap after the race you are more than welcome. After this weekend I should be trail riding again. That is pretty funny about the cove, some of those rocks can be cruel to the underside.
  7. MATTMC40 Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks guys for the info... I'm looking for some good woods riding... signal track stuff nice and fast...
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    If you're willing to travel about 2 more hours North West and pay a yearly fee, THIS place is pretty cool.
  9. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Krieg, any trips to mom's place in the near future that we could organize a ride at Shade Mountain? Perhaps I could get raisrx251 to join in for the day.
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Next trip to Mom's is May 14th, but I'll be there to see my Daughter graduate from Penn State! I'm bringing the TXC but will only be able to ride a few hours on Sunday afternoon... so that'll have to be on the coal in Tower City. Cody and I may come up for a long weekend in July/August to ride. I'll try to remember to contact you then. :thumbsup:
  11. kashlak Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey raisrx251 were you at the race this past weekend. I did see a Husky but thought it was a TE. I was there but didnt race just marshaled.
  12. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah I was there. My bike has a headlight and tail/brake light now but is a TXC. Getting it ready to hopefully hit a few Enduros soon. Bike got sick on the second lap and went backwards the rest of the day. Had fun though.
  13. kashlak Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, i heard it sputtering and popping on the front section before the checkpoint. Did you get it all strait now? I ended up having no clutch by the end of the day, lost all fluid so i need to check into it. I filled and bleed when i got home but havnt ridden it yet.
    To keep this on topic...i have family in north east PA and wouldnt mind hosting a ride one weekend. Be nice to see a bunch of Huskys instead of all those pumpkins!
  14. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah the bike is fixed now, I decided I was going to finish or leave it in the woods. I posted the video of the race on youtube. Here is a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WMxp32TeBg

I think we are going to have a Customer Appreciation Ride Day at Ridersville sometime soon. I will make a post as I am sure any Husky riders on here that would want to come to it are welcome. I will check into it more.