Passing of a human Husky encyclopedia.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by DirtyDave, Feb 27, 2011.

1. DirtyDave Husqvarna
    C Class

Norcal and Northern Nevada Husky owners of all vintages will forever miss the expertise, knowledge, and general great conversation with the passing of Ed La Cruze, owner and operator of a small shop called 'DynaReno' located on E. 4th Street in Reno, Nv.
    I own a '00 610TE, one of the freaks of the Husky lineup, that being any 2000 Husqvarna (those who own one know what I refer to...parts availability). Long story short... I never had to order a part after being refered to Ed and DynaReno by a rider I know only as Dana. Another reason I suppose I liked his place? It looked like my garage at home... organized chaos. There was a 12"-18" space to get from the door to the counter, with parts and pieces from all manufacturers and eras of motorcycles laying/stacked everywhere. But all I had to do was ask about a part, any part, for my husky and after a quick check of the microfiche he would disappear among really tightly spaced ailes and return with my part. Any tech question would be discussed until he thought you understood what needed to be done (Our conversations tended to be rather long:-/). His son Chris and Chris' wife Meghan, plan to try to keep the shop going but they each have other jobs. So... finding the door open might be hit/miss.

RIP Ed... You'll be missed.

Dave C.
    Manteca, Ca
  2. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    Damn.. I dont have an older husky but it sounds like someone I would've liked to meet. Someone in the area should help out his son and take on a job there so it can stay open..

RIP Ed