PC V vs. JD Power Surge 6X EFI Tuners

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by rubenguallar, Feb 13, 2011.

1. rubenguallar Husqvarna
    B Class

I have an early 2010 TE250 that had its ECU reflashed due to the low end bug issues that have been subject of much discussion. While that seemed to improve things a bit I find that acceleration from the bottom is still not where I'd like it to be. I also changed the front sprocket to a 12T to try to compensate for a very tall 1st & 2nd gears. I've been searching the EFI forum looking for an EFI tuner that will help make accelaration from the bottom cleaner and crispier. I found minimal discussions regarding the 2010 250s (either TE or TXC). Under the PC V discussions I only found Kleemann's 2010 250TXC feedback from his dynojet map and a map from discobob for the TE. I find it estrange that over a year after this bike came out PC V's website still has the 'under development' tag when trying to purchase their product. I would think that by now they would have had enough time to develop a map for the 2010 TE250 and remove the 'under development' tag. May be they have and it's just not listed? Are there other members out there using it on their 2010 TE250s? I know reputable and credible members have raved about this product but it seems to me that a bike like mine that could gain the most from this product is still not clear about its application and development.

The same applies to JD's Power Surge 6X. It seem a less expensive alternative (it doesn't seem to have all the features of the PC V) but based on what I am trying to address and solve, would it be a valid alternative? Their website doesn't also seem to address specifics for my bike either and I couldn't find much feedback from other member's posts either. Do any of you use their product on a 2010 TE250?

Given the price of this tools (not even including things like ibeat) I doubt many of us have had the opportunity to run both systems to compare them side by side adequately but if any of you have either product installed on a 2010 TE250 I'd love to hear your feedback and whether it addressed bottom end acceleration which I think is an area that many of us would love to improve.

BTW - It is NOT my intent to speak badly about either product/website as they both seem great products (just not enough feedback/info regarding my bike model/year).

Thanks in advance for this great forum.
    Ruben
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Ruben,

Sorry that no one else has posted regarding your predicament with EFI. I'm on a 2010 TXC 250 and am using JD's Power Surge solution right now. I had gone through the reflash many months ago with high hopes, but still had a low end bog. I tried tweaking with iBeat to no avail. I called JD, left a message and offered my bike for development. James himself returned my call, explaining "there are units in the field for your bike right now undergoing testing, would you like one?" Heck yes! I've done my 2nd ride as of today and can honestly say my bike is now running the way it should have from the factory thanks to JD. His unit ships with a custom map for your particular bike based on dyno runs with a sample bike. I've had to make a few minor adjustments to that mapping with very positive results! Call him. I have no experience with PC yet.
    Coffee likes this.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    They are pretty sloppy over at dynojet with regards to the finer details on their website. Yes the Power Commander V and Auto Tuner will make your bike run nicely, just order the model for 2009, it is the same unit.

Start with the map that comes with it, or even zero out the map, and let the auto tuner build the map for you. But that is an expensive solution, might want to try JD. I rode ioneaters bike last October and it was pretty bad. If that JD solution fixed that, then I am impressed.
  4. rubenguallar Husqvarna
    B Class

Thank you ioneater and coffee for your feedback. I will definetely contact James at JD as you seem pretty happy with the JD results. I am spending my spring $$$ on a revalve job by WER (dropped my bike off last week and I get it back this Friday) and a steering damper. After that I'd like to address this EFI stuff. I'd love to hear from you in a month or two and see if you're still happy with the JD unit.

Thanks again.
  5. Simmo737 Husqvarna
    A Class

I Have a JD 6X on an 09 310 that I picked up new late 2010, the bike has 700 km of single track and is run in, noticeably. I have an FMF 4.1 slip on and use an irirdium plug (I dont think that matters, really, but it does start better), I run 12/50 gearing, I have gone to a setting of 2 on yellow/blue and 5 on red/blue and the bike is now a single track weapon, if you like an easy nose lift and a revvy but tractable "mid bore" feel that has fun punch but doesn't pull your arms out of their sockets all day, this is it. I rode with a mate on a 2010 orange 300exc two banger (red spring/ power valve half a turn out), he thought it was "plenty punchy" and he thought he was quicker on my bike (and didn't he hate saying it).