PCV Help

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by G8R, Jul 17, 2010.

1. G8R Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok so Ive installed PCV and AT, I loaded the 2009 450 map with power up kit. Set the trim to 25%. Everything runs fine for a bit, Ill go for rips and go in power commander, get map, accept all trims and then send map. Everything runs good fer somewhere around a week and then the bike starts backfiring and kinda surging. A couple weeks ago it was really bad and loaded a fresh map and it was fine for days. I checked the valves and gave it a fresh oil change, pulled the fuel pump to see if it had slid up just dont know whats going on
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    How many miles on your bike?
  3. G8R Husqvarna
    AA Class

1700 miles
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    25% deviation/adjustment range is huge. My guess would be you are getting trimmed to some extreme ends of the spectrum. While the 2008 bikes could use up to 33% reduction in some spots, that could be achieved using a 10% autotune adjust over time while periodically accepting trims.

A 2008 te250 got in an 'interesting' position while having the autotune adjustment range set to 20%, and having previously accepted trims - it did not run.

The 2009s should not need more than 15% total changes based on the testing we did at dynojet, 8% would be typical.

But I was told by a well respected dealer, that the bikes vary....
  5. Kevin610 Husqvarna
    AA Class

G8R

You might want to check what your fuel table looks like after accepting several trim values. I noticed on mine that at 2% and 5% colums that AT kept trying to lean it to the point it became way to lean and then surged at low speeds. I used the 20% value for accepting trim limits. Dynojet recommened that I input "0"s for the values in the 2% and 5% colums (basically that turns off AT for those colums). Haven't had any problems since.
  6. G8R Husqvarna
    AA Class

I set to 25% just for the initial run and then reduce it to 10%. I will start with a fresh map and start at 10%. Should I run the 0 map or go with the one set for the power up kit? Thanks!
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    These things are extremely difficult to describe by typing, but if you allowed the bike to initially adjust 25%, accepted trims, then reduced it to 10%, that should have worked pretty well.

The idea is to not have the trim set to a high % number when going on 'exciting' rides so as not to trim to a strange value - there are other ways to handle the issue too.

If you want to start over which map you start with really should not make a difference.

If you want a more in depth discussion, you could always let us know what the trim values are before and after certain things are done. A 'print screen' of what you are seeing on your computer, pasting that into microsoft paint, then saving as a jpg - would allow you to share trim values. It has been a long time since I've done any efi / PC / autotune work in person. You could also attach a trim map to a post - but... relatively few have the Power commander software to read that file.