1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Peace On Dirt

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WR BOB, Oct 3, 2009.

1. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

I thought I would send out and update on my WR125. After several weeks of riding I finally nailed the jetting. I ended up with a 450main, 32.5 pilot, needle is 4 grooves from the top, 1/12 turns on the air screw. It will scream from idle to WFO!

Nothing helped the low/mid range like lowering the clip that one position from the middle on the needle. It pulls great in tight dry woods sections in 2nd and 3rd gear like never before. It's now the bike I had always hoped it would be since it's purchase in April.

Now making it go fast is up to me. Many thanks to Krieg who let me borrow some jets and to Gerald at Upstate who told me to be patient with working things out.

WR Bob
  2. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi, that is the exact same jetting I have and it is awesome. There was a huge bog when rolling on the throttle when I got the bike. I moved the needle to the 4th clip and the bike is perfect.

It will chug almost to a complete stop....and scream like crazy. I spent some time on the bike on the Vintage MX tack at Hollister. I was amazed how well the bike handled. I picked a line and it held it. People on all sorts of bikes were trying to race me. The bike is really fast (although...to put it in perceptive, I rode the 125, then got on my 250 on the same track and overshot the first turn after a straight, and crashed...so it does not have the power of a big bore bike)...but it can be ridden really fast.

JS
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good deal! Temp and elevation info?
  4. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Elevation 642' and temperature was 81 degrees with low humiity for the south. Average heart rate was 110 with a max of 154, for 2hrs. worth of trail and mx play. Maybe that's TMI.

WR Bob
  5. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

Got to wick up that heart rate friend ... 110 is going too easy on your self. should be running in the 140 to 150 range and topping out around 170 or 180!! used to be able to top out over 199 and ride at 160 to 170 on my mtb!! The heart rate monitor only went to 199 so I never really new how high up I could go!! If I hit 199 now my heart would explode!!
  6. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

True that. Yet I spent 25 years doing nothing for fun but cardio training and racing. My fitness is there for sure but my head is my only limitor at this point. Guess this talk should be elsewhere. Sorry.

WR Bob
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That's great news Bob! :thumbsup:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Running the 4.0 slide i presume?
  9. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes the 4.0 slide.

WR Bob
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

WR Bob,

It is great to hear that you got yours ripping. With the new pipe I still had a very slight bog still, but otherwise it really ripped. Same exact jetting. I had to quit riding because of the tendinitis from hell in my right arm. I thought my doc was going to put it in a cast if I didn't stop using it:excuseme: My tendons are swollen the size of a fat rope and it is a good thing I have had a dozen severe concussions in my life or the pain would be un-bearable(spinal non transference of pain;).

With a 2-3 month recovery prognosis, I went ahead and tore into my WR 125. I sent my clutch to EFM, my new pipe to P-3 to be fitted with a carbon fibre guard, and my cylinder to Eric Gorr for the 144 treatment. I had already put a left hand rear brake and two finger clutch on that still retains my rear brake pedal. I also put a carb divider in it as has been sudgested by Norman Foley.

I can't wait to try it out. I admit to having an addiction to trying new stuff just because it is new.

Walt