1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Peeling graphics

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JMann2380, Aug 24, 2010.

1. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

I pick up my new 09 WR250 on Friday, but I already noticed the graphics peeling off in the showroom? Should I order new stickers or is that a waste of time? I hear the 2010 has the graphics as part of the plastic so would that be a better investment?

Thanks,
    Josh
  2. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    2010 plastics would be the go
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Get some clear fingernail polish and use it on the edges. Graphics will stay on a lot longer.

Congrats on the new bike!
  4. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    You may be able to use a hair dryer or heat gun to reactivate the glue. When my OE graphics started to curl at the edges, I did this trick and then pressed the edges back down. It works as long as the back side has not picked up too much dirt.
  5. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I just peeled all of mine off this weekend because they were all starting to peel.
    A couple were still in pretty good shape so they went on the fridge in the garage.
    When I crack all the other plastic I'll buy the embedded graphics from motosportz-and the way I ride it won't take me too long!
  6. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    My graphics peeled off after the first couple rides. I bought the 2010 plastic.
  7. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

8. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Mine started peeling right away too... I'm also going w/ the 2010 plastics; someday...
  9. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    Even when the graphics were still stuck to the plastics, people would still ask me, "What kind of bike is that?"
  10. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

11. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

we in Australia had the same problem with a lot of the huskys some would be replaced under warranty and sum went the problem is when all the huskys left Europe they were fumigated and this had a reaction to the stickers. in my opinion try warranty or 2010 plastics or the sticker kit from the special parts book part number: cod. hmgrsmo9 they work well
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    try spray can adhesive - this has worked for me so far ..
  13. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think its the lack of proper prep on new plastics to remove the release compound. Peel them off, wipe it with alcohol prep, spray on adhesive, wait till it is tacky, then reapply. :thumbsup:
  14. LaDSM Husqvarna
    B Class

Mine fell off in the garage the other day when it hit 100*. I just ordered new graphics from MotoplasticsUs. I hope they are a better quality.
  15. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have an '08 and I just purchased the OE 2010 red shrouds from my Husky dealer for about $40 per side. Fits perfect and looks awesome. No more stickers...
  16. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Did you put or keep your stickers next to the seat? The ones that say WR250 or whatever?
  17. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

we get ripped off, i got quoted $180AUS +Post for the 2010 shrouds :thumbsdown:

i hate those stickers, i've tried everything to keep them intact

Attached Files:

18. LaDSM Husqvarna
    B Class

I found out Motoplastics is local and only a couple miles from my house. I was able to drive over and pick them up. Great shop and he has all colors of plastics on the shelve in-stock.
  19. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

JMAN - I took the stickers off that were on the white plastic near the seat. It's a very clean look. 100% sticker free. I did add a the Husky Gun Site logo to the swing arm... Looks sharp!