Petron GRP ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    These are some of the guys I rode with here when I first arrived on island... The Talamban Petron GasStation riders (or something like that)... Some are the guys I raced with the last couple yrs also. Somewhere down the line, it was getting very hard to finish an entire ride with this guys so I had to split-off and just avoided these guys on Sundays :( ... So I've been running the GPS all over Cebu since those early days (3.5 yrs ago) and sort of avoiding the ST stuff these guys ride... I'm a fast trail rider to them...meaning nothing very hard to ride over.

Think I'm gonna try and hang with these guys at least for 1\2 days riding in the near future of riding. Now, I also know the areas we'll be riding (not lost!) and will always be looking for a way out any time in the afternoon. There is another much easier-trails but maybe more mileage group I'm gonna try on Fridays also ... These 2 events should add a little structure to my unstructured life ... Plus, a little more and ~harder ST riding I think will do my riding skills some good.

Anyway, this is part of the riders ... All kinds of bikes and riding skills and people... Gets really funny to watch sometimes out on the trails ...No china bikes most likely here but there might be some 1\2 China\Japan bike there somewhere.
    100_1773_result.JPG

These guys are very OK with lighter 2t bikes for trails...Never really about lots of speed for most of these riders ... The ride and time out there is what counts ...
    100_1774_result.JPG

100_1775_result.JPG

Not sure what this one is but looks very like a early yamaha mono-shock.
    100_1780_result.JPG
    Centerline and airrider like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I got to Guba a little early so I had to spend a couple hrs in the immediate area waiting for these riders to show ... It worked out as the first fast trail we went down was one that I had rode up twice already that morning and had a very good look at it ...
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=retDnJj991M

--
    Bottom side of the road heading across creeek
    100_1758_result.JPG

The Creek ...I gotta ride down there to that bend and see the swimming hole that is back there.
    100_1756_result.JPG

Downstream looks unrideable ...
    100_1757_result.JPG
    Centerline likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Centerline likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Centerline likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Few more pics ...

That road we just got on after crossing that creek has just been graded and looks about as loamy as it gets here :) ...
    100_1782_result.JPG

Not sure what this red bike was all about ...
    N 100_1778_result.JPG

I know where that road goes on up the hill and chose to peel off & go back... Got some video of what it looks like up there from earlier in the day when I rode up there ... I'm gonna name the place Jarvis Hill. Small, cool, technical rock and rocks and stones, steep climb-out to the top.
    100_1783_result.JPG
    100_1784_result.JPG
    Centerline likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Centerline likes this.
  7. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles: