1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc picked up an 08 cr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Aviduser, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Upgraded from my '04, really like the 08. Man it pulls on top, suprised at the difference.

But I've got some issues with bogging. Seems right around when the power valve kicks in it'll fall on its face. This happens off and on, and from about 3rd gear up it doesn't seem to pull as well.

I've cleaned the powervalve, changed/gapped plug, cleaned carb/checked jets, checked reed valve condition.

From what I've read this bog is purely carb. related? I didn't note which clip the needle was in. But I never had any issues with the mikuni on my '04.

I noted the main jet is 400, pilot is 35, around 800 ft asl. Bike runs great aside from the bog, no spooge. Very nice response at higher rpms. From what I've read I should drop it into the 4th clip.
  2. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I run a 32.5 pilot and needle in the 2nd clip with a 390 Main A/S 1 1/2 turns out in the summer try the air screw in a 1/2 turn for colder weather.
  3. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    I see you ride somewhere around 400 ft asl. So I should lean it out a little by going to the 2nd clip? and 2 turns out on the air screw. I'm somewhat of a noob with jetting, but enjoy learning.

I'm not looking for absolutely perfect jetting, just making the bike rideable. Because right now it's downright unbearable. Thanks for the advice! :cheers:
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Make one adjustment at a time based on the circuit you are trying to improve. Reading the 2stroke data base and jetting chat threads may help.
  5. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    If your bike is bogging around 1/4 throttle to mid you can also adjust the powervalve to take some of the bog out. Your temps are about the same as mine here in NY Right now around 20Deg. F I rode my bike last week at around 40 Deg. F and my settings are as I said above. With the 35 Pilot you should be able to run 1 1/2 half turns out on the A/s Try 1 clip adjustment at a time.
    Bill
  6. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Well looks like it way mainly the needle. I didn't realize but it was all the way up at the 2nd notch. Went a little to far and put it to the 4th, seems like the 3rd notch is the ticket.

Wallybean gave me some advice on adjusting the powervalve to 3/4 towards the top. Pulls alot better down low, gunna go bump the needle up a notch.

Thanks guys, suprised how much of a difference these things make on a bike.