1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Picked up my new WR 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HuskyTaylor, May 20, 2012.

1. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    Got my 2012 WR 125 Thurs. Did the running in on Friday and took it out on my little practice trail on Sat. This thing was worse than my 75 CR Honda, could not pull out of turns that had a slight uphill grade.. but when it got on the pipe whoo! Adjusted the power valve this morning and took it out this afternoon and it seemed worse.and died. Walked up to the garage for a new plug and got gas. Filled the tank started on first kick and tried it once more. Now this bike rips. Same turn that it couldn't do in first can pull it in second and can't keep the front end down! Still needs some fine tuning but it's 100% better. Gonna be a sweet ride.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats. I'm confused was the plug that fouled, was the mixture that rich, what was causing it to run that poorly.
  3. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    I don't know what the mixture was just running out what was in the tank. Put new gas in and gave it a kick and it fired up so I didn't pull the plug. I don't think it was to rich because it was not an unusual amount of oil at the end of the pipe. With the power valve adjusted all the way up that mid range hit seams to be gone,but pull's good from the bottom. I'm sure it need's some fine tuning of the carb but I'm in the dark when it comes to that.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lots of helpfull set ups for your bike on this site. Check out the jetting section. I don't think the PV adjustment would have made that much difference. I'm guessing mixture was break in rich and everthing being clean and new not enough run time so so up as spooge. I rode a friends 09 WR when it was new and it had a flat spot for sure but would still pull hills etc. Glad it running better, enjoy.