1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc PICKIN UP 13 CR144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by SARG, Mar 12, 2013.

1. SARG Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 cr 125 now a 144 gonna b a 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,ktm,moto guzzi. ducati.
    ON MONDAY. had the dealer install 144 kit.to much snow and ice aaround here to ride. damn it!!! nave a studded 350 to keep me sane till the thaw. heading to warmer climate apri 4th. kamploops bc. cant wait. if this new bike is as good as i hope it will be i will be selling the pig pumpkin and gettin another husky. with a 165 kit. i will be using the cr for moto. if i get a second husky it will likely be a wr as it will be my woods bike. why are the wrs 9 lbs heavier according to the spec sheet. ?? i may get a used one as my woods bike so it could end up being a cr. what r the differences and whats the general opinion of a cr 125 with the 165 kit in the bush? 44 year old 170lb vet expert
  2. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

Congrats,I own a 09 WR WB165 and from what I have read and seen is the CR might work just fine in the woods with a little tweek,n and if you can aford the 2nd bike go for it.If you go with the WR do your,e self a favor and order the Lectron carb,mine just arived yesterday,can,t wait for up coming riding season.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a 2008 CR WB165 with 200 Fatty pipe, Rekluse EXP, and Smart Carb. This bike goes like crazy in the woods and I really didn't care for riding in the woods until I got this bike. It so light and the power is so full and smooth it's like cheating. TheCR's come with the same 6 spd tranny as the WR's so that a plus IMO for woods riders. The WR has a heavier ingition, kick stand, and may come with lights etc; not sure on the newer one's. I think you will find the CR's or WR's more than capable of doing it all. Congrats on your new Husky and I have a feeling after a few minutes on that 144 the orange bike will be for sale. Enjoy and look forward to your ride report :cheers:.
  4. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Don't wanna hijack the thread, but how does the smart carb fit on your 08 I have an 07 167 and am thinking about the upgrade to the Lectron.
  5. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    CR 144's make awesome woods bikes. I raced one half of last season I like it so much, I sold my WR300! It hauls me along nicely, Im a little more robust than you. I was pushing 200 with gear.
    john01 likes this.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like a glove :D. I can install it without taking the subframe off in about 10 minutes.
  7. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Get the Lectron carb. Speaking of gearboxes, I pulled over 65 MPH last Friday with my 2002 WR125 gearbox in my 2012 XC144 and it still has a nice low first gear. 13 tooth primary and 47 tooth rear sprocket. That's a real Wide Ratio gearbox! :cheers:
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Funny thing is that my non-reving 165 with the fatty non-reving 200 pipe pulls over 70mph both gps and speedo confirmed with 13x48 gearing with that identical gear box. Of course the lectron really helped but the RB Designs TMXX pulled 68-69 mph. :D I am going to be running the HGS 200 SX pipe this spring and it pulls more top end revs and expect ~75-78 mph.
  9. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Sarg you'll love it. I have a '12 144 but there were few changes. I'm a tad lighter #155 a tad younger 43 and same skill classification. I find mine to be near-perfect and the suspension is ready for moto right from the crate. It is really an amazing-handling bike that is very fast for a smallbore. I dislike the stock tires and will probably try a 51t rear sprocket but otherwise a solid stock machine and one of the best-kept secrets in racing!:thumbsup:
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have posted 125/165 videos for the last few years Everything from wide open desert,GPs ,motorcross ,up in the trees of Utha or Idaho and then there was the video from king of the Moto all done on a husky 125/165 so the bike does it all and does it well everwhere.I did it all on a CR no problem Go back a few years and read all the threads on how the WR guys want there Wr to run like a CR so read,watch and then go buy what you think will work
  11. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Hey Walt! It's all gearing and RPM. I'm pulling 12,700 RPM at 65MPH. :eek: I'm sure I could do over 70 but not sure what the rpm limit is.
  12. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just did my first big 7 day ride at Moab on my 2008 cr165 with 200sx pipe and original tmx carb and it worked great. I am ordering a lectron carb today to see how big a difference it will be. I had a 12x50 sprockets that worked great on 144 for slow nasty trails but with this 165 I think I will go back to 13x50. I have been watching some video of Moab trip on a trail called 5 miles hell and it is amazing how my bike will lug up stuff in 2 gear since first was not working all the time and still no problem. Even though bike is 5 years old and all my Buddys have newer bike I would not trade them for off-road riding it works well.
    sabortooth likes this.